May 1, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed a very special guest to ‘Baseball in the District.’ ESPN national baseball writer and Bethesda, Md.-native Tim Kurkjian called in to discuss a variety of topics regarding the Nationals.
We asked Kurkjian about his thoughts on Bryce Harper’s durability, Matt Williams’ first month as manager, how good Anthony Rendon has been so far, and at what point Tanner Roark can be declared as an elite MLB starting pitcher. As always, Kurkjian was great on all subjects. He even told a story about how there were people in the Tigers’ organization that were convinced they would get Rendon in the Doug Fister trade this offseason. Great stuff.
Before welcoming on Kurkjian, Tim Murray and I talked about the relationship between Harper and Williams, who will have to step up in Harper’s absence and who has been the team’s MVP so far.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website, or on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well