May 1, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed a very special guest to ‘Baseball in the District.’ ESPN national baseball writer and Bethesda, Md.-native Tim Kurkjian called in to discuss a variety of topics regarding the Nationals.
We asked Kurkjian about his thoughts on Bryce Harper’s durability, Matt Williams’ first month as manager, how good Anthony Rendon has been so far, and at what point Tanner Roark can be declared as an elite MLB starting pitcher. As always, Kurkjian was great on all subjects. He even told a story about how there were people in the Tigers’ organization that were convinced they would get Rendon in the Doug Fister trade this offseason. Great stuff.
Before welcoming on Kurkjian, Tim Murray and I talked about the relationship between Harper and Williams, who will have to step up in Harper’s absence and who has been the team’s MVP so far.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website, or on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent