May 2, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — Doug Fister threw 76 pitches over 3 2/3 innings Friday night in what is expected to be the right-hander’s final rehab start before joining the Nationals’ rotation next week.
Pitching for Class AA Harrisburg at Reading, Fister allowed two runs and two hits, walking three while striking out five. He cruised through three scoreless innings before fading in the fourth, walking the first two batters he faced and then serving up a double.
Fister was slated to go five innings and/or 80 pitches, but as the fourth inning wore on, he was pulled early.
Barring any physical setbacks, Fister now is slated to rejoin the Nationals and come off the disabled list Wednesday, making his debut against the Dodgers at Nationals Park. The right-hander has been on the DL since straining his lat muscle on the final day of spring training.
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high