May 2, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
We touched on a bunch of Nats-related subjects on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show. Rob Carlin, Joe Orsulak and I looked at just how good Tanner Roark has been since debuting late last summer, comparing his stats to a fellow rotation mate who arrived with just a bit more hype than he did.
We also discussed Bryce Harper’s torn thumb ligament and how long it might be before the 21-year-old outfielder is back in the lineup.
And Chase Hughes joined Rob to discuss Taylor Jordan’s early season struggles, his demotion to Class AAA Syracuse and what the future holds for the young right-hander.
Enjoy the clips, and be sure to tune in to Comcast SportsNet every Thursday at 4 p.m. EDT for our weekly look at baseball on the local and national levels. If you miss the live show, it re-airs Thursdays at 11:30 p.m., Saturdays at 9 a.m. and Sundays at 11:30 a.m. …
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon