May 8, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Nationals pitching prospect Danny Rosenbaum had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament on Thursday, a source told CSNwashington.com.
Rosenbaum, 26, will now begin a 12 to 18 month recovery process to return from the procedure. The lefty starter made four appearances this season with the Triple-A Syracuse Chiefs before suffering the injury.
Rosenbaum went 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA in those games with the Chiefs. The former 22nd round pick also appeared with the Nationals in major league spring training, going 0-1 with a 2.70 ERA in three outings.
The Nationals drafted Rosenbaum out of Xavier University in 2009. In six minor league seasons he holds a 3.12 ERA across 121 total games.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles