May 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was Syracuse Chiefs play-by-play voice Jason Benetti. Benetti had great insight on Nationals’ prospects currently at Triple-A, and on players who have since been called up to Washington from the Chiefs.
Our second guest was Patrick Reddington of SB Nation’s Federal Baseball blog. Reddington talked about Anthony Rendon’s emergence and the impact Doug Fister will have on the Nats.
Before bringing on our guests, Tim and I talked about Wilson Ramos’ return, the Nats’ bullpen and whether the Nationals are better this year than they were in 2013 at this point.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats sign veteran Heath Bell to minor-league deal
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park