May 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was Syracuse Chiefs play-by-play voice Jason Benetti. Benetti had great insight on Nationals’ prospects currently at Triple-A, and on players who have since been called up to Washington from the Chiefs.
Our second guest was Patrick Reddington of SB Nation’s Federal Baseball blog. Reddington talked about Anthony Rendon’s emergence and the impact Doug Fister will have on the Nats.
Before bringing on our guests, Tim and I talked about Wilson Ramos’ return, the Nats’ bullpen and whether the Nationals are better this year than they were in 2013 at this point.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal