May 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was Syracuse Chiefs play-by-play voice Jason Benetti. Benetti had great insight on Nationals’ prospects currently at Triple-A, and on players who have since been called up to Washington from the Chiefs.
Our second guest was Patrick Reddington of SB Nation’s Federal Baseball blog. Reddington talked about Anthony Rendon’s emergence and the impact Doug Fister will have on the Nats.
Before bringing on our guests, Tim and I talked about Wilson Ramos’ return, the Nats’ bullpen and whether the Nationals are better this year than they were in 2013 at this point.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team