May 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed two guests. The first was Syracuse Chiefs play-by-play voice Jason Benetti. Benetti had great insight on Nationals’ prospects currently at Triple-A, and on players who have since been called up to Washington from the Chiefs.
Our second guest was Patrick Reddington of SB Nation’s Federal Baseball blog. Reddington talked about Anthony Rendon’s emergence and the impact Doug Fister will have on the Nats.
Before bringing on our guests, Tim and I talked about Wilson Ramos’ return, the Nats’ bullpen and whether the Nationals are better this year than they were in 2013 at this point.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?