May 10, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Last night was an ugly one for the Nationals who got blasted 8-0 by the Athletics. Tonight they’ll try and bounce back against one of the best young pitchers in baseball.
A’s ace Sonny Gray (4-1, 1.91) will take the mound for his eighth start of the season. He is in just his second year in the majors, but is a rising star after pitching brilliantly in the 2013 playoffs. Gray is making just the second interleague start of his career.
Tanner Roark (2-1, 4.17) is making his seventh start of the season and the third interleague start of his career. He’s hoping to rebound from a forgettable outing last time out. On May 3 he got knocked around for seven earned runs in just four innings against the Phillies.
We are not in Oakland today, but look out for analysis in the morning. Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at OAKLAND ATHLETICS
Where: O.co Coliseum
Gametime: 9:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 20 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
1B Kevin Frandsen
3B Anthony Rendon
DH Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
RF Nate McLouth
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Zach Walters
(RHP Tanner Roark)
C John Jaso
SS Jed Lowrie
3B Josh Donaldson
1B Brandon Moss
LF Yoenis Cespedes
RF Josh Reddick
DH Alberto Callaspo
2B Eric Sogard
CF Craig Gentry
(LHP Sonny Gray)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL