May 12, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
After a brutal weekend in Oakland, the Nationals limp into Phoenix to face a Diamondbacks club that surprisingly has been among the majors’ worst so far this season (though Arizona has won seven of its last 10 to right the ship somewhat). Matt Williams, who played and coached for the D’backs and who lives in the area, returns home for the first time as a big-league manager, hoping to get his team back on track.
Jordan Zimmermann is on the mound for the Nationals, carrying a 10 1/3-inning scoreless streak with him into this start. He sports a 2.70 ERA in four career starts against the Diamondbacks, all four of them quality starts.
Right-hander Josh Collmenter gets the ball for Arizona, having given up nine runs (five earned) on 15 hits over his last 12 2/3 innings.
I’m not on this trip, but I’ll have an analysis piece in the morning. In the meantime, enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
Where: Chase Field
Gametime: 9:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Clear, 83 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
1B Tyler Moore
LF Nate McLouth
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
RF Gerardo Parra
3B Martin Prado
1B Paul Goldschmidt
C Miguel Montero
2B Aaron Hill
SS Chris Owings
CF A.J. Pollack
LF Ender Inciarte
RHP Josh Collmenter
HP Adam Hamari
1B Jim Reynolds
2B Bill Miller (cc)
3B Vic Carrapazza
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups