May 15, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I once again welcomed two guests. The first was Bleacher Report lead writer for sports medicine, Will Carroll. The former Sports Illustrated columnist gave his insight on the recent crop of Tommy John surgeries in baseball and whether he thinks Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos are injury prone.
The second guest was Joe Drugan of The Nats Blog. Joe had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, as well as some information about Ian Desmond’s charitable work involving Neurofibromatosis (NF).
Before welcoming in our guests, Tim and I compared the 2014 Nationals to last year’s club, broke down their starting pitching struggles and discussed the impact of Adam LaRoche’s injury.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2