May 15, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I once again welcomed two guests. The first was Bleacher Report lead writer for sports medicine, Will Carroll. The former Sports Illustrated columnist gave his insight on the recent crop of Tommy John surgeries in baseball and whether he thinks Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos are injury prone.
The second guest was Joe Drugan of The Nats Blog. Joe had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, as well as some information about Ian Desmond’s charitable work involving Neurofibromatosis (NF).
Before welcoming in our guests, Tim and I compared the 2014 Nationals to last year’s club, broke down their starting pitching struggles and discussed the impact of Adam LaRoche’s injury.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase