May 15, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
In this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I once again welcomed two guests. The first was Bleacher Report lead writer for sports medicine, Will Carroll. The former Sports Illustrated columnist gave his insight on the recent crop of Tommy John surgeries in baseball and whether he thinks Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos are injury prone.
The second guest was Joe Drugan of The Nats Blog. Joe had great stuff on the Nationals’ pitching staff, as well as some information about Ian Desmond’s charitable work involving Neurofibromatosis (NF).
Before welcoming in our guests, Tim and I compared the 2014 Nationals to last year’s club, broke down their starting pitching struggles and discussed the impact of Adam LaRoche’s injury.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?