May 31, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
With the NCAA baseball tournament getting started this weekend, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I thought it a good time to bring in an expert on the college game. ESPN’s Kyle Peterson, a studio analyst for the network, called in as a guest to talk the title chances of both Maryland and Virginia. Peterson was great on a lot of subjects involving college baseball, including which players to watch with the future of Major League Baseball in mind.
Our second guest was Andrew Simon of MLB.com. Simon covers the Nationals and had great insight on their struggling starting rotation.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I talked about Ryan Zimmerman playing left field, whether the Nationals should make a trade and which MLB team we think is the best in the game right now.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers