May 31, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
With the NCAA baseball tournament getting started this weekend, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I thought it a good time to bring in an expert on the college game. ESPN’s Kyle Peterson, a studio analyst for the network, called in as a guest to talk the title chances of both Maryland and Virginia. Peterson was great on a lot of subjects involving college baseball, including which players to watch with the future of Major League Baseball in mind.
Our second guest was Andrew Simon of MLB.com. Simon covers the Nationals and had great insight on their struggling starting rotation.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I talked about Ryan Zimmerman playing left field, whether the Nationals should make a trade and which MLB team we think is the best in the game right now.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1