May 31, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
With the NCAA baseball tournament getting started this weekend, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I thought it a good time to bring in an expert on the college game. ESPN’s Kyle Peterson, a studio analyst for the network, called in as a guest to talk the title chances of both Maryland and Virginia. Peterson was great on a lot of subjects involving college baseball, including which players to watch with the future of Major League Baseball in mind.
Our second guest was Andrew Simon of MLB.com. Simon covers the Nationals and had great insight on their struggling starting rotation.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I talked about Ryan Zimmerman playing left field, whether the Nationals should make a trade and which MLB team we think is the best in the game right now.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?