May 31, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
With the NCAA baseball tournament getting started this weekend, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I thought it a good time to bring in an expert on the college game. ESPN’s Kyle Peterson, a studio analyst for the network, called in as a guest to talk the title chances of both Maryland and Virginia. Peterson was great on a lot of subjects involving college baseball, including which players to watch with the future of Major League Baseball in mind.
Our second guest was Andrew Simon of MLB.com. Simon covers the Nationals and had great insight on their struggling starting rotation.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I talked about Ryan Zimmerman playing left field, whether the Nationals should make a trade and which MLB team we think is the best in the game right now.
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg throws but offers no update
- Harper's career day puts him in elite company in baseball history
- Bryce Harper on curtain call: I didn't want to go up there
- Behind Harper power surge, Nats outlast Marlins
- Harper goes yard for 3 HR's against Marlins
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success