May 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman completed the second leg of his minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, playing five innings in left field for the Single-A Potomac Nationals.
Zimmerman went 1-for-3 with a strikeout in the P-Nats’ 8-1 win over the Salem Red Sox. Through two games with Potomac he is 1-for-6 with an RBI.
Zimmerman has been out since April 12 when he broke his right thumb while sliding into second base against the Braves in Atlanta. He is currently eyeing a Tuesday return when the Nationals play the Phillies in Washington.
Watch highlights of his return and reaction from Zimmerman right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot