May 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman completed the second leg of his minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, playing five innings in left field for the Single-A Potomac Nationals.
Zimmerman went 1-for-3 with a strikeout in the P-Nats’ 8-1 win over the Salem Red Sox. Through two games with Potomac he is 1-for-6 with an RBI.
Zimmerman has been out since April 12 when he broke his right thumb while sliding into second base against the Braves in Atlanta. He is currently eyeing a Tuesday return when the Nationals play the Phillies in Washington.
Watch highlights of his return and reaction from Zimmerman right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke