May 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman completed the second leg of his minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, playing five innings in left field for the Single-A Potomac Nationals.
Zimmerman went 1-for-3 with a strikeout in the P-Nats’ 8-1 win over the Salem Red Sox. Through two games with Potomac he is 1-for-6 with an RBI.
Zimmerman has been out since April 12 when he broke his right thumb while sliding into second base against the Braves in Atlanta. He is currently eyeing a Tuesday return when the Nationals play the Phillies in Washington.
Watch highlights of his return and reaction from Zimmerman right here:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond