May 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman completed the second leg of his minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, playing five innings in left field for the Single-A Potomac Nationals.
Zimmerman went 1-for-3 with a strikeout in the P-Nats’ 8-1 win over the Salem Red Sox. Through two games with Potomac he is 1-for-6 with an RBI.
Zimmerman has been out since April 12 when he broke his right thumb while sliding into second base against the Braves in Atlanta. He is currently eyeing a Tuesday return when the Nationals play the Phillies in Washington.
Watch highlights of his return and reaction from Zimmerman right here:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B