May 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman completed the second leg of his minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, playing five innings in left field for the Single-A Potomac Nationals.
Zimmerman went 1-for-3 with a strikeout in the P-Nats’ 8-1 win over the Salem Red Sox. Through two games with Potomac he is 1-for-6 with an RBI.
Zimmerman has been out since April 12 when he broke his right thumb while sliding into second base against the Braves in Atlanta. He is currently eyeing a Tuesday return when the Nationals play the Phillies in Washington.
Watch highlights of his return and reaction from Zimmerman right here:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect