Jun 1, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
The Nationals are sending a pair of front office executives to Secaucus, New Jersey on Thursday to represent the organization in the 2014 MLB Draft.
Vice President of player personnel Bob Boone and director of international scouting Johnny DiPuglia will be in attendance with a direct line to the Nationals’ draft room back in Washington.
Boone has been with the franchise since 2004 when he joined as a special assistant to the general manager. He served as the assistant GM from 2006 until this past offseason when he took on his current role.
DiPuglia has led the international scouting department since October of 2009. He joined the Nats’ organization after 11 seasons in the Red Sox front office.
The draft will take place June 5 through June 7. The first two rounds are conducted on the first night, with rounds 3 through 10 on Friday, the 6th. The final 30 rounds then take place on Saturday, the 7th.
The Nationals have the 18th overall pick in the 2014 draft after finishing 86-76 last season. In the second round they will pick 57th. The Nationals do not have a compensatory pick this year.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles