Jun 3, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
The Nationals activated Ryan Zimmerman from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday and optioned Tyler Moore to Triple-A Syracuse as the corresponding move.
Zimmerman is in the starting lineup at left field as the Nats take on the Philadelphia Phillies in the first of a three-game series. Once a Gold Glove third baseman, Zimmerman will be playing in the outfield for the first time in his MLB career.
Zimmerman joins the Nationals after four rehab appearances with Single-A Potomac. He has been out since April 12 when he fractured his right thumb while sliding into second base in a game against the Braves.
Zimmerman went 5-for-14 with the P-Nats with a double and three RBI. He played the first game at designated hitter, then three games in left field. He played nine innings in his final tune-up on Monday night.
Zimmerman missed 44 games after playing just 10 to start the season. He rejoins the Nationals with a .354 average, two home runs and six RBI on the year.
Moore, 27, leaves the Nationals with a .214 average through 34 games. He was called up for his latest stint on May 11 to replace first baseman Adam LaRoche.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason