Jun 6, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
The Nationals just completed their best week of the season, winning 5 of 6 from the Rangers and Phillies. Now they face a more significant test: a 10-game road trip through San Diego, San Francisco and St. Louis, beginning tonight against the Padres.
Can the Nats’ suddenly healthy and productive lineup remain potent in the cool, vast confines of Petco Park? Can a dominant rotation keep things going, with Tanner Roark on the mound for tonight’s series opener?
I’m not on this trip, but I’ll be trying my best to stay awake through the finish and will have an analysis piece up in the morning. Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Mostly clear, 67 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
LF Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Nate McLouth
RHP Tanner Roark
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Seth Smith
LF Carlos Quentin
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
CF Will Venable
C Rene Rivera
2B Jace Peterson
RHP Tyson Ross
HP Jerry Meals (cc)
1B Paul Emmel
2B Jordan Baker
3B Angel Campos
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'