Jun 6, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
The Nationals just completed their best week of the season, winning 5 of 6 from the Rangers and Phillies. Now they face a more significant test: a 10-game road trip through San Diego, San Francisco and St. Louis, beginning tonight against the Padres.
Can the Nats’ suddenly healthy and productive lineup remain potent in the cool, vast confines of Petco Park? Can a dominant rotation keep things going, with Tanner Roark on the mound for tonight’s series opener?
I’m not on this trip, but I’ll be trying my best to stay awake through the finish and will have an analysis piece up in the morning. Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Mostly clear, 67 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
LF Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Nate McLouth
RHP Tanner Roark
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Seth Smith
LF Carlos Quentin
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
CF Will Venable
C Rene Rivera
2B Jace Peterson
RHP Tyson Ross
HP Jerry Meals (cc)
1B Paul Emmel
2B Jordan Baker
3B Angel Campos
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice