Jun 7, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The last time Blake Treinen started a game, the Nationals rotation was still trying to get itself on track. But in 12 games since then, Nats starters have been nothing short of fantastic, posting an MLB-best 2.38 ERA since May 23.
Treinen has been out of the rotation since then, due to a rainout and off-days, but tonight he returns to a starting role, hoping to keep the Nationals’ red-hot streak alive in San Diego. The right-hander has looked quite impressive in his limited action to date. Tonight, we’ll see if he can take things a step farther and complete six innings for the first time.
One change for the Nationals’ lineup against Padres ace Andrew Cashner, just activated off the DL after missing three weeks with an elbow injury. Anthony Rendon, who took a groundball off his right hand in the fourth inning last night and was pulled from the game two innings later, is out of the lineup. X-rays on the hand were negative, but Rendon figured to need a day or two to heal.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to check back in the morning for some analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Clear, 66 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
3B Kevin Frandsen
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
RHP Blake Treinen
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Will Venable
LF Seth Smith
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
CF Cameron Maybin
2B Jace Peterson
C Rene Rivera
RHP Andrew Cashner
HP Paul Emmel
1B Jordan Baker
2B Angel Campos
3B Jerry Meals (cc)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy