Jun 7, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The last time Blake Treinen started a game, the Nationals rotation was still trying to get itself on track. But in 12 games since then, Nats starters have been nothing short of fantastic, posting an MLB-best 2.38 ERA since May 23.
Treinen has been out of the rotation since then, due to a rainout and off-days, but tonight he returns to a starting role, hoping to keep the Nationals’ red-hot streak alive in San Diego. The right-hander has looked quite impressive in his limited action to date. Tonight, we’ll see if he can take things a step farther and complete six innings for the first time.
One change for the Nationals’ lineup against Padres ace Andrew Cashner, just activated off the DL after missing three weeks with an elbow injury. Anthony Rendon, who took a groundball off his right hand in the fourth inning last night and was pulled from the game two innings later, is out of the lineup. X-rays on the hand were negative, but Rendon figured to need a day or two to heal.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to check back in the morning for some analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Clear, 66 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
3B Kevin Frandsen
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
RHP Blake Treinen
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Will Venable
LF Seth Smith
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
CF Cameron Maybin
2B Jace Peterson
C Rene Rivera
RHP Andrew Cashner
HP Paul Emmel
1B Jordan Baker
2B Angel Campos
3B Jerry Meals (cc)
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall