Jun 8, 2014, 3:11 PM EST
The Nationals took a tough loss in extra innings on Saturday night after a rare meltdown for their bullpen. Today they pick back up with a quick turnaround to go for the series win out in San Diego.
Jordan Zimmermann (4-2, 3.59) will look to build off his strong outing his last time out against the Phillies. It was Zimmermann’s best start of the season, as he pitched eight scoreless innings in a Nationals’ win.
Zimmermann will go up against the Padres for the second time this year. He took the loss on April 24 at Nats Park after allowing three runs through six innings of work.
Lefty Eric Stults (2-6, 5.03) will take the ball for San Diego in his second matchup against the Nats this season. He also pitched on April 24, and despite allowing 10 hits, he took the victory after giving up just two runs. Though the Nats are once again without Anthony Rendon in their lineup, we’ll see if they can have better luck this time around.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to check back in the morning for some analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 9 mph
CF Denard Span
3B Kevin Frandsen
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Seth Smith
LF Carlos Quentin
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
C Yasmani Grandal
CF Cameron Maybin
2B Alexi Amarista
LHP Eric Stults
HP Jordan Baker
1B Angel Camps
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Paul Emmel
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal