Jun 8, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
The Nationals took a tough loss in extra innings on Saturday night after a rare meltdown for their bullpen. Today they pick back up with a quick turnaround to go for the series win out in San Diego.
Jordan Zimmermann (4-2, 3.59) will look to build off his strong outing his last time out against the Phillies. It was Zimmermann’s best start of the season, as he pitched eight scoreless innings in a Nationals’ win.
Zimmermann will go up against the Padres for the second time this year. He took the loss on April 24 at Nats Park after allowing three runs through six innings of work.
Lefty Eric Stults (2-6, 5.03) will take the ball for San Diego in his second matchup against the Nats this season. He also pitched on April 24, and despite allowing 10 hits, he took the victory after giving up just two runs. Though the Nats are once again without Anthony Rendon in their lineup, we’ll see if they can have better luck this time around.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to check back in the morning for some analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 9 mph
CF Denard Span
3B Kevin Frandsen
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Seth Smith
LF Carlos Quentin
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
C Yasmani Grandal
CF Cameron Maybin
2B Alexi Amarista
LHP Eric Stults
HP Jordan Baker
1B Angel Camps
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Paul Emmel
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins