Jun 8, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
The Nationals took a tough loss in extra innings on Saturday night after a rare meltdown for their bullpen. Today they pick back up with a quick turnaround to go for the series win out in San Diego.
Jordan Zimmermann (4-2, 3.59) will look to build off his strong outing his last time out against the Phillies. It was Zimmermann’s best start of the season, as he pitched eight scoreless innings in a Nationals’ win.
Zimmermann will go up against the Padres for the second time this year. He took the loss on April 24 at Nats Park after allowing three runs through six innings of work.
Lefty Eric Stults (2-6, 5.03) will take the ball for San Diego in his second matchup against the Nats this season. He also pitched on April 24, and despite allowing 10 hits, he took the victory after giving up just two runs. Though the Nats are once again without Anthony Rendon in their lineup, we’ll see if they can have better luck this time around.
Enjoy the game, and be sure to check back in the morning for some analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 9 mph
CF Denard Span
3B Kevin Frandsen
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
SS Everth Cabrera
RF Seth Smith
LF Carlos Quentin
3B Chase Headley
1B Yonder Alonso
C Yasmani Grandal
CF Cameron Maybin
2B Alexi Amarista
LHP Eric Stults
HP Jordan Baker
1B Angel Camps
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Paul Emmel
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates