Jun 11, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
In their quest to win their third straight in San Francisco and their 10th in 12 games overall, the Nationals will be short-handed tonight. Wilson Ramos, who tweaked his right hamstring stretching a base hit into a double in the ninth inning last night, is out of the lineup tonight. Whether Ramos, who has dealt with so many leg issues in the past, needs to miss even more time remains to be seen. (UPDATE AT 7:25 P.M. — Ramos told reporters in San Francisco he expects to go on the 15-day DL.)
The rest of the Nationals’ lineup is intact, with Denard Span and Anthony Rendon again hoping to set the table and stay as red-hot as each has been. They’ll be going up against a formidable foe in Giants right-hander Matt Cain.
Tanner Roark gets the start for the Nationals, trying to keep this rotation’s remarkable streak of quality starts going. It currently stands at 11.
Enjoy one final late-night game, and be sure to check back tomorrow morning for analysis from Chase…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 10:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 55 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Tanner Roark
CF Angel Pagan
RF Hunter Pence
C Buster Posey
1B Michael Morse
SS Brandon Crawford
2B Brandon Hicks
LF Gergor Blanco
3B Joaquin Arias
RHP Matt Cain
HP Phil Cuzzi
1B Gerry Davis (cc)
2B Quinn Wolcott
3B Alfonso Marquez
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1