Jun 11, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
With the Nationals playing their best baseball of 2014, there were plenty of positives to talk about this week on ‘Baseball in the District.’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed the Nats’ recent resurgence and specifically what they will need to do to sustain it moving forward.
With the team in the middle of a four-game series against San Francisco, we welcomed in the radio voice of the Giants, Dave Flemming. Flemming is a D.C.-native and has been calling Giants games for over 10 years. He had great stuff on Matt Williams’ return to San Francisco, Michael Morse’s impact on the Giants, how the Nationals look from an outside perspective and his thoughts on the rise of the Nationals over the past few years.
After Dave hung up we talked about Manny Machado’s suspension and Bryce Harper wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat, as well as early impressions of Ryan Zimmerman in left field.
Also, I had some issues uploading it yesterday, so some of the references are to Monday night’s game. Most of it, however, is focusing on the big picture.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will 2015 be a breakout year for Nats' RF Harper?
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals