Jun 11, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
With the Nationals playing their best baseball of 2014, there were plenty of positives to talk about this week on ‘Baseball in the District.’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed the Nats’ recent resurgence and specifically what they will need to do to sustain it moving forward.
With the team in the middle of a four-game series against San Francisco, we welcomed in the radio voice of the Giants, Dave Flemming. Flemming is a D.C.-native and has been calling Giants games for over 10 years. He had great stuff on Matt Williams’ return to San Francisco, Michael Morse’s impact on the Giants, how the Nationals look from an outside perspective and his thoughts on the rise of the Nationals over the past few years.
After Dave hung up we talked about Manny Machado’s suspension and Bryce Harper wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat, as well as early impressions of Ryan Zimmerman in left field.
Also, I had some issues uploading it yesterday, so some of the references are to Monday night’s game. Most of it, however, is focusing on the big picture.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980′s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions