Jun 12, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
After three impressive wins against the Giants, the Nationals enter Thursday looking for the rare four-game sweep. In order to do so, however, they’ll have to overcome their unfortunate history against Giants starter Tim Hudson (6-2, 1.97).
As a member of the Braves for nine years, Hudson dominated the Nationals. He has faced them 29 times in his career and is 16-5 overall with a 2.45 ERA.
Hudson is also enjoying one of the best seasons of his career in 2014. After missing much of last year with a broken ankle, Hudson is second among starting pitchers with a 1.97 ERA. Opponents are hitting just .222 off of him, and his WHIP is a low 0.960.
Blake Treinen (0-2, 1.78) will pitch for Washington as he looks for his first major league win. He has made three total starts, allowing only four earned runs in 16 2/3 innings.
Enjoy the game and look out for analysis from Mark tomorrow morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 3:45 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 18 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Kevin Frandsen
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Blake Treinen
CF Angel Pagan
RF Hunter Pence
C Buster Posey
3B Pablo Sandoval
1B Michael Morse
LF Tyler Colvin
SS Brandon Crawford
2B Ehire Adiainza
RHP Tim Hudson
HP Alfonso Marquez
1B Phil Cuzzi
2B Gerry Davis (cc)
3B Quinn Wolcott
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions