Jun 12, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
After three impressive wins against the Giants, the Nationals enter Thursday looking for the rare four-game sweep. In order to do so, however, they’ll have to overcome their unfortunate history against Giants starter Tim Hudson (6-2, 1.97).
As a member of the Braves for nine years, Hudson dominated the Nationals. He has faced them 29 times in his career and is 16-5 overall with a 2.45 ERA.
Hudson is also enjoying one of the best seasons of his career in 2014. After missing much of last year with a broken ankle, Hudson is second among starting pitchers with a 1.97 ERA. Opponents are hitting just .222 off of him, and his WHIP is a low 0.960.
Blake Treinen (0-2, 1.78) will pitch for Washington as he looks for his first major league win. He has made three total starts, allowing only four earned runs in 16 2/3 innings.
Enjoy the game and look out for analysis from Mark tomorrow morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 3:45 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 18 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Kevin Frandsen
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Blake Treinen
CF Angel Pagan
RF Hunter Pence
C Buster Posey
3B Pablo Sandoval
1B Michael Morse
LF Tyler Colvin
SS Brandon Crawford
2B Ehire Adiainza
RHP Tim Hudson
HP Alfonso Marquez
1B Phil Cuzzi
2B Gerry Davis (cc)
3B Quinn Wolcott
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series