Jun 13, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Fresh off their impressive 3-of-4 series in San Francisco, the Nationals now conclude their 10-game road trip with a weekend series in St. Louis. The challenge is no easier over the next three days against a Cardinals club that has won 9 of the last 11 head-to-head meetings between these two teams, beginning with that disastrous Game 5 of the 21012 NLDS.
Jordan Zimmermann is on the mound for the Nats, trying to keep his spotless June going (he hasn’t allowed a run in 17 innings so far this month). He’ll have what has become the regular lineup behind him, with Ryan Zimmerman making his 11th consecutive (and 11th career) start in left field, Danny Espinosa at second base and Jose Lobaton behind the plate for the injured Wilson Ramos.
Right-hander Lance Lynn, who you may remember giving up a fairly significant home run to Jayson Werth one October night in D.C., is starting for St. Louis, which has slugger Matt Adams back from a calf strain but had to send top prospect Oscar Tavares back to the minors to clear roster space.
I’m not in St. Louis for this series, so enjoy the conversation here as always and be sure to check back in the morning for my analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Clear, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph in from LF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
3B Matt Carpenter
2B Kolten Wong
LF Matt Holliday
RF Allen Craig
C Yadier Molina
1B Matt Adams
SS Jhonny Peralta
CF Jon Jay
RHP Lance Lynn
HP Marty Foster
1B Rob Drake
2B Alan Porter
3B Joe West
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions