Jun 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Though the Nationals have recently lost two consecutive games, overall it appears they have turned a corner of late. They are healthy and starting to see improvement all around their roster.
Leading the way in recent weeks has been the Nationals’ rotation. In this first clip from this week’s The Baseball Show, Mark talks with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak about Nats starting pitchers and their fifth-best rotation ERA (3.29) in the majors.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip, there is a lengthy discussion about Ian Desmond’s impact on the Nats and his long-term future with the team:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising