Jun 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Though the Nationals have recently lost two consecutive games, overall it appears they have turned a corner of late. They are healthy and starting to see improvement all around their roster.
Leading the way in recent weeks has been the Nationals’ rotation. In this first clip from this week’s The Baseball Show, Mark talks with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak about Nats starting pitchers and their fifth-best rotation ERA (3.29) in the majors.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip, there is a lengthy discussion about Ian Desmond’s impact on the Nats and his long-term future with the team:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot