Jun 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Though the Nationals have recently lost two consecutive games, overall it appears they have turned a corner of late. They are healthy and starting to see improvement all around their roster.
Leading the way in recent weeks has been the Nationals’ rotation. In this first clip from this week’s The Baseball Show, Mark talks with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak about Nats starting pitchers and their fifth-best rotation ERA (3.29) in the majors.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip, there is a lengthy discussion about Ian Desmond’s impact on the Nats and his long-term future with the team:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland