Jun 15, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Losers of three straight, the Nationals enter Sunday looking to salvage their series against the St. Louis Cardinals with a win. They have scored a total of two runs over those three games as their offense has gone dormant.
Given all of that, now is probably the perfect time to have Doug Fister (5-1, 2.68) on the mound. The right-hander has won his last five starts and lately has been arguably the Nationals’ best pitcher. Today Fister will face the Cardinals for the first time in his career.
Starting for St. Louis is lefty Jaime Garcia (2-0, 4.26). Garcia has pitched against the Nats five times, holding a 3-1 record and 3.29 ERA.
As you’ll see in the Nats’ lineup, Ryan Zimmerman is starting at first base for the first time in his career.
Enjoy the game and check back for analysis in the morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 2:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, Ch. 9, MLBN
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 21 mph
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Scott Hairston
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Sandy Leon
RHP Doug Fister
3B Matt Carpenter
2B Kolten Wong
LF Matt Holliday
RF Allen Craig
1B Matt Adams
SS Johnny Peralta
CF Jon Jay
C Tony Cruz
LHP Jaime Garcia
HP Marty Foster
1B Rob Drake
2B Alan Porter
3B Joe West
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies
- Zimmermann returns to mound after injury
- Cliff Lee, A.J. Burnett also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Around the NL East: Are the Phillies on the verge of a fire sale?
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)