Jun 18, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
This week on ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I brought in two excellent guests, one of the Nationals’ top prospects and CSN’s very own Mark Zuckerman.
Harrisburg Senators outfielder Michael Taylor joined us first to talk about his breakout year in the minor leagues. The former sixth round pick is hitting .331 with 16 home runs, 50 RBI and 17 stolen bases this year in Double-A. He is starting to look like the Nationals’ future center fielder and could very well be in the big leagues by the end of this season.
Taylor talked about his improvements at the plate this year and who he models his game after. He also discussed moving from shortstop to center field and who has stood out among his teammates at Harrisburg.
Mark came on to talk Tony Gwynn’s legacy, the Nats’ upcoming series against the Braves, and the ziMS foundation event he attended on Monday night.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the podcast on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate