Jun 18, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
This week on ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I brought in two excellent guests, one of the Nationals’ top prospects and CSN’s very own Mark Zuckerman.
Harrisburg Senators outfielder Michael Taylor joined us first to talk about his breakout year in the minor leagues. The former sixth round pick is hitting .331 with 16 home runs, 50 RBI and 17 stolen bases this year in Double-A. He is starting to look like the Nationals’ future center fielder and could very well be in the big leagues by the end of this season.
Taylor talked about his improvements at the plate this year and who he models his game after. He also discussed moving from shortstop to center field and who has stood out among his teammates at Harrisburg.
Mark came on to talk Tony Gwynn’s legacy, the Nats’ upcoming series against the Braves, and the ziMS foundation event he attended on Monday night.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the podcast on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate