Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Nationals left town yesterday evening feeling a whole lot better about themselves than they did after losing Friday night’s heartbreaker in 13 innings, having re-established their 1 1/2-game lead in the NL East. But now comes a new challenge on the road against a Brewers club that currently owns the NL’s best record and trails the Athletics by only 1/2-game for the best record in baseball.
Gio Gonzalez gets the ball tonight for the Nats, in need of a positive start after a so-so return from the DL last week. Gonzalez has allowed 16 runs over his last 12 1/3 innings, and he has reached the seventh inning only twice in 10 starts this season. Veteran right-hander Matt Garza is on the mound for the Brewers.
I’m not in Milwaukee for this series, but I will be heading to Chicago on Thursday for the final leg of the road trip. I’ll also be at Potomac tonight as both Bryce Harper and Wilson Ramos rehab with the P-Nats, so be sure to check back for an update from Pfitzner Stadium…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, ESPN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 3 mph in from CF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
2B Rickie Weeks
RF Ryan Braun
C Jonathan Lucroy
CF Carlos Gomez
3B Aramis Ramirez
LF Khris Davis
1B Mark Reynolds
SS Jean Segura
RHP Matt Garza
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise