Jun 23, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Nationals left town yesterday evening feeling a whole lot better about themselves than they did after losing Friday night’s heartbreaker in 13 innings, having re-established their 1 1/2-game lead in the NL East. But now comes a new challenge on the road against a Brewers club that currently owns the NL’s best record and trails the Athletics by only 1/2-game for the best record in baseball.
Gio Gonzalez gets the ball tonight for the Nats, in need of a positive start after a so-so return from the DL last week. Gonzalez has allowed 16 runs over his last 12 1/3 innings, and he has reached the seventh inning only twice in 10 starts this season. Veteran right-hander Matt Garza is on the mound for the Brewers.
I’m not in Milwaukee for this series, but I will be heading to Chicago on Thursday for the final leg of the road trip. I’ll also be at Potomac tonight as both Bryce Harper and Wilson Ramos rehab with the P-Nats, so be sure to check back for an update from Pfitzner Stadium…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 8:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, ESPN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 3 mph in from CF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
LF Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
2B Rickie Weeks
RF Ryan Braun
C Jonathan Lucroy
CF Carlos Gomez
3B Aramis Ramirez
LF Khris Davis
1B Mark Reynolds
SS Jean Segura
RHP Matt Garza
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice