Jun 25, 2014, 12:22 PM EST
Just over 12 hours after the longest game in Nationals history was completed, the Nats will pick right back up in Milwaukee for the final game of their series with the Brewers. Stephen Strasburg (6-5, 3.24) will take the mound in a 2:10 p.m. start, as the Nationals look for the three-game sweep.
Strasburg will hope to go deep in this one after the Nats’ bullpen was thoroughly taxed in their 16-inning victory on Tuesday night. The right-hander has faced the Brewers just once in his career, in a 4-0 loss for the Nats last season. Strasburg pitched seven scoreless innings against Milwaukee on July 2, 2013, allowing only three hits, before Drew Storen gave up four runs in the eighth to take the loss.
Pitching for Milwaukee is 30-year-old Marco Estrada (6-4, 5.22). Estrada is a former sixth round pick by the Nationals in 2005 and made his MLB debut with the franchise in 2008. He also played with the Nats in 2009 before the Brewers selected him off waivers in Feb. 2010.
Enjoy the game and check back for analysis in the morning…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MILWAUKEE BREWERS
Where: Miller Park
Gametime: 2:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 68 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from CF
CF Denard Span
2B Kevin Frandsen
LF Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
3B Anthony Rendon
SS Ian Desmond
RF Nate McLouth
C Sandy Leon
RHP Stephen Strasburg
2B Scooter Gannett
SS Jean Segura
CF Carlos Gomez
1B Lyle Overbay
3B Mark Reynolds
LF Khris Davis
CF Elian Herrera
C Martin Maldonado
RHP Marco Estrada
HP Mike Winters
1B Mark Wegner
2B Andy Fletcher
3B Chris Segal
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera