Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
The return of Bryce Harper is getting close, it could happen as soon as Monday, according to Matt Williams. When he gets back the Nationals will have their full Opening Day lineup, a rare luxury for the team this season.
Harper has been tearing it up in the minor leagues, but what impact will he have when he returns to Washington? Mark discussed that topic with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak on Thursday’s episode of The Baseball Show.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip they talk about Stephen Strasburg’s recent struggles with a focus on his rough outing in Milwaukee on Wednesday:
This third segment is about the Nationals’ bullpen and defense, and how they have helped key the team’s overall solid month of June:
And finally, I talked about Tim Lincecum’s second no-hitter:
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats