Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
The return of Bryce Harper is getting close, it could happen as soon as Monday, according to Matt Williams. When he gets back the Nationals will have their full Opening Day lineup, a rare luxury for the team this season.
Harper has been tearing it up in the minor leagues, but what impact will he have when he returns to Washington? Mark discussed that topic with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak on Thursday’s episode of The Baseball Show.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip they talk about Stephen Strasburg’s recent struggles with a focus on his rough outing in Milwaukee on Wednesday:
This third segment is about the Nationals’ bullpen and defense, and how they have helped key the team’s overall solid month of June:
And finally, I talked about Tim Lincecum’s second no-hitter:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche