Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
The return of Bryce Harper is getting close, it could happen as soon as Monday, according to Matt Williams. When he gets back the Nationals will have their full Opening Day lineup, a rare luxury for the team this season.
Harper has been tearing it up in the minor leagues, but what impact will he have when he returns to Washington? Mark discussed that topic with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak on Thursday’s episode of The Baseball Show.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip they talk about Stephen Strasburg’s recent struggles with a focus on his rough outing in Milwaukee on Wednesday:
This third segment is about the Nationals’ bullpen and defense, and how they have helped key the team’s overall solid month of June:
And finally, I talked about Tim Lincecum’s second no-hitter:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists