Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
The return of Bryce Harper is getting close, it could happen as soon as Monday, according to Matt Williams. When he gets back the Nationals will have their full Opening Day lineup, a rare luxury for the team this season.
Harper has been tearing it up in the minor leagues, but what impact will he have when he returns to Washington? Mark discussed that topic with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak on Thursday’s episode of The Baseball Show.
Check it out right here:
In this second clip they talk about Stephen Strasburg’s recent struggles with a focus on his rough outing in Milwaukee on Wednesday:
This third segment is about the Nationals’ bullpen and defense, and how they have helped key the team’s overall solid month of June:
And finally, I talked about Tim Lincecum’s second no-hitter:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF