Jul 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ happened to fall right at the halfway point of the 2014 season. With that in mind, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I evaluated where they are right now and made predictions for the second half.
We also welcomed in two guests. The first was radio voice of the Harrisburg Senators, Terry Byrom. Terry was great on some of the Nats’ top prospects including Michael Taylor, Matt Skole and A.J. Cole. He also described Harper’s three-homer performance in his final minor league rehab game.
Our second guest was Tyler Maun of milb.com. Maun lives in Denver and does a podcast on the Rockies called the ‘Purple Dino Cast.’ He was excellent on the Rockies, the team the Nats are currently playing and a club they will face again in about three weeks.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the podcast on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem