Jul 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ happened to fall right at the halfway point of the 2014 season. With that in mind, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I evaluated where they are right now and made predictions for the second half.
We also welcomed in two guests. The first was radio voice of the Harrisburg Senators, Terry Byrom. Terry was great on some of the Nats’ top prospects including Michael Taylor, Matt Skole and A.J. Cole. He also described Harper’s three-homer performance in his final minor league rehab game.
Our second guest was Tyler Maun of milb.com. Maun lives in Denver and does a podcast on the Rockies called the ‘Purple Dino Cast.’ He was excellent on the Rockies, the team the Nats are currently playing and a club they will face again in about three weeks.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the podcast on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation
- Nationals sign former All-Star reliever to minor league deal
- Scherzer signing shows Nats' continued growth as a franchise