Jul 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ happened to fall right at the halfway point of the 2014 season. With that in mind, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I evaluated where they are right now and made predictions for the second half.
We also welcomed in two guests. The first was radio voice of the Harrisburg Senators, Terry Byrom. Terry was great on some of the Nats’ top prospects including Michael Taylor, Matt Skole and A.J. Cole. He also described Harper’s three-homer performance in his final minor league rehab game.
Our second guest was Tyler Maun of milb.com. Maun lives in Denver and does a podcast on the Rockies called the ‘Purple Dino Cast.’ He was excellent on the Rockies, the team the Nats are currently playing and a club they will face again in about three weeks.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the podcast on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much will the Nationals miss LaRoche?
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats