Jul 11, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
With the Nationals and Orioles squaring off this week, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I figured it was a good time to welcome in an O’s insider. This week for our first guest, we were joined by CSNbaltimore.com Orioles reporter Rich Dubroff.
Rich has covered baseball and the Orioles for many years and had great perspective on the regional rivalry between the two teams. He also had some interesting opinions on the Nationals from an outsider’s view.
Our second guest this week was producer of CSN’s ‘The Baseball Show,’ Doug McKinney. Doug took us behind the scenes this week to look at the challenge of covering both teams evenly. He is from the area and also had some insight on the Beltway Series, as well as predictions for how each team will finish this season.
Before welcoming in our two guests, Tim and I talked about the series, as well as the Nationals getting only one All-Star. We also went into Cole Hamels’ willingness to accept a trade to Washington, Mike Trout’s choice to not participate in the Home Run Derby, and our thoughts on the All-Star Game’s ‘final vote.’
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win