Jul 11, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
With the Nationals and Orioles squaring off this week, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I figured it was a good time to welcome in an O’s insider. This week for our first guest, we were joined by CSNbaltimore.com Orioles reporter Rich Dubroff.
Rich has covered baseball and the Orioles for many years and had great perspective on the regional rivalry between the two teams. He also had some interesting opinions on the Nationals from an outsider’s view.
Our second guest this week was producer of CSN’s ‘The Baseball Show,’ Doug McKinney. Doug took us behind the scenes this week to look at the challenge of covering both teams evenly. He is from the area and also had some insight on the Beltway Series, as well as predictions for how each team will finish this season.
Before welcoming in our two guests, Tim and I talked about the series, as well as the Nationals getting only one All-Star. We also went into Cole Hamels’ willingness to accept a trade to Washington, Mike Trout’s choice to not participate in the Home Run Derby, and our thoughts on the All-Star Game’s ‘final vote.’
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980′s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami
- State of the Nats: Deal or no deal before the MLB trade deadline?
- Consistency propels Nationals to NL's best record
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?