Jul 13, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Today the Nationals play their final game before the All-Star break with a chance to take two of three against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Tanner Roark (7-6, 3.12) will take the mound after skipping his previous start due to last Tuesday’s postponement.
Roark last pitched on July 4, a stretch of nine days. He’ll go up against a Phillies team against which he has little experience and little success. In two outings – one of them a start – Roark has allowed seven earned runs and two homers in six innings.
Kyle Kendrick (4-8, 4.46) will pitch for Philly and make his 24th career start against Washington. Including two relief appearances vs. the franchise, Kendrick is 5-9 with a 4.86 ERA against the Nats.
Mark is off to Minnesota for the All-Star Game, so please check back in the morning for analysis. Thanks and enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Tanner Roark
LF Grady Sizemore
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
1B Ryan Howard
RF Marlon Byrd
3B Cody Asche
C Cameron Rupp
CF Ben Revere
RHP Kyle Kendrick
HP Toby Basner
1B Mark Wegner
2B Mike Winters (cc)
3B Andy Fletcher
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'