Jul 13, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Today the Nationals play their final game before the All-Star break with a chance to take two of three against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Tanner Roark (7-6, 3.12) will take the mound after skipping his previous start due to last Tuesday’s postponement.
Roark last pitched on July 4, a stretch of nine days. He’ll go up against a Phillies team against which he has little experience and little success. In two outings – one of them a start – Roark has allowed seven earned runs and two homers in six innings.
Kyle Kendrick (4-8, 4.46) will pitch for Philly and make his 24th career start against Washington. Including two relief appearances vs. the franchise, Kendrick is 5-9 with a 4.86 ERA against the Nats.
Mark is off to Minnesota for the All-Star Game, so please check back in the morning for analysis. Thanks and enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Bryce Harper
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Tanner Roark
LF Grady Sizemore
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
1B Ryan Howard
RF Marlon Byrd
3B Cody Asche
C Cameron Rupp
CF Ben Revere
RHP Kyle Kendrick
HP Toby Basner
1B Mark Wegner
2B Mike Winters (cc)
3B Andy Fletcher
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can dramatic win be a momentum changer?
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting