Jul 16, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
On this week’s All-Star break edition of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in a very special guest. Nationals top prospect Lucas Giolito joined us to talk about his experience at the MLB Futures Game in Minnesota, as well as his 2014 season with the Hagerstown Suns.
Giolito was great on his development as a professional pitcher, what it was like to pitch in front of 40,000 people for the first time, as well as how the Nationals are handling his innings limit and workload this season. Giolito also talked about his favorite things to do on off-days in Hagerstown and on bus strips to other South Atlantic League stadiums.
After Giolito, Tim and I brought in Rob Carlin, host of Comcast SportsNet’s ‘The Baseball Show.’ Rob shared his insight on the All-Star Game and what he expects from the Nats in the second half.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Arizona Fall League update
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nationals roster review: Kevin Frandsen
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists