Jul 16, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
On this week’s All-Star break edition of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in a very special guest. Nationals top prospect Lucas Giolito joined us to talk about his experience at the MLB Futures Game in Minnesota, as well as his 2014 season with the Hagerstown Suns.
Giolito was great on his development as a professional pitcher, what it was like to pitch in front of 40,000 people for the first time, as well as how the Nationals are handling his innings limit and workload this season. Giolito also talked about his favorite things to do on off-days in Hagerstown and on bus strips to other South Atlantic League stadiums.
After Giolito, Tim and I brought in Rob Carlin, host of Comcast SportsNet’s ‘The Baseball Show.’ Rob shared his insight on the All-Star Game and what he expects from the Nats in the second half.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Espinosa solid as Nats' temporary third baseman
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale