Jul 16, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
On this week’s All-Star break edition of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in a very special guest. Nationals top prospect Lucas Giolito joined us to talk about his experience at the MLB Futures Game in Minnesota, as well as his 2014 season with the Hagerstown Suns.
Giolito was great on his development as a professional pitcher, what it was like to pitch in front of 40,000 people for the first time, as well as how the Nationals are handling his innings limit and workload this season. Giolito also talked about his favorite things to do on off-days in Hagerstown and on bus strips to other South Atlantic League stadiums.
After Giolito, Tim and I brought in Rob Carlin, host of Comcast SportsNet’s ‘The Baseball Show.’ Rob shared his insight on the All-Star Game and what he expects from the Nats in the second half.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base