Jul 16, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
On this week’s All-Star break edition of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in a very special guest. Nationals top prospect Lucas Giolito joined us to talk about his experience at the MLB Futures Game in Minnesota, as well as his 2014 season with the Hagerstown Suns.
Giolito was great on his development as a professional pitcher, what it was like to pitch in front of 40,000 people for the first time, as well as how the Nationals are handling his innings limit and workload this season. Giolito also talked about his favorite things to do on off-days in Hagerstown and on bus strips to other South Atlantic League stadiums.
After Giolito, Tim and I brought in Rob Carlin, host of Comcast SportsNet’s ‘The Baseball Show.’ Rob shared his insight on the All-Star Game and what he expects from the Nats in the second half.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website and download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone