Jul 16, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
We take a look at the Nationals’ past week, at a glance…
Jordan Zimmermann, SP: 0-1/ 10.80 ERA / 1.80 WHIP
Zimmermann suffered the double-whammy over the weekend, turning in one of his worst starts over the last month and a half as well as leaving the game early due to an arm injury. As someone who’s dealt with Tommy John surgery earlier in his career, Zimmermann had many Nats fans briefly fearing the worst. But as it turns out it was a bicep strain, likely keeping him off the disabled list, though it did cost him a second straight trip to the All-Star Game. Hopefully this is just a minor setback.
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury