Jul 18, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
With the second half of the 2014 MLB season set to kick off, much of this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ centered around what the Nationals need to do to secure the NL East and make the playoffs.
In this first clip Mark gives his keys to the Nats’ second half, including which players need to step it up to ensure they can outpace the Braves down the stretch.
Check it out here:
This second segment is a discussion about the Nats and Orioles attendance numbers this season, and how both franchises have been able to thrive over the last several years despite playing so close to each other:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1