Jul 18, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
With the second half of the 2014 MLB season set to kick off, much of this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ centered around what the Nationals need to do to secure the NL East and make the playoffs.
In this first clip Mark gives his keys to the Nats’ second half, including which players need to step it up to ensure they can outpace the Braves down the stretch.
Check it out here:
This second segment is a discussion about the Nats and Orioles attendance numbers this season, and how both franchises have been able to thrive over the last several years despite playing so close to each other:
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche