Jul 18, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
With the second half of the 2014 MLB season set to kick off, much of this week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ centered around what the Nationals need to do to secure the NL East and make the playoffs.
In this first clip Mark gives his keys to the Nats’ second half, including which players need to step it up to ensure they can outpace the Braves down the stretch.
Check it out here:
This second segment is a discussion about the Nats and Orioles attendance numbers this season, and how both franchises have been able to thrive over the last several years despite playing so close to each other:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins