Jul 24, 2014, 10:14 AM EST
On this week’s episode, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I brought in two excellent guests in USA Today national baseball writer Bob Nightengale and Harrisburg Senators infielder Matt Skole, one of the Nationals’ top prospects.
Nightengale gave us a preview of the 2014 trade deadline and what he thinks both the Nationals and their rivals will do. He also shared some insight on what the Nats will need to do in August and September to win the NL East. Skole talked about his season and his recovery from Tommy John surgery last year.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I discussed whether the Nats are the best team in the National League, what they should do with Steven Souza, Jr. and who needs to step up in their pitching staff during the upcoming pennant race.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen