Jul 24, 2014, 10:14 AM EDT
On this week’s episode, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I brought in two excellent guests in USA Today national baseball writer Bob Nightengale and Harrisburg Senators infielder Matt Skole, one of the Nationals’ top prospects.
Nightengale gave us a preview of the 2014 trade deadline and what he thinks both the Nationals and their rivals will do. He also shared some insight on what the Nats will need to do in August and September to win the NL East. Skole talked about his season and his recovery from Tommy John surgery last year.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I discussed whether the Nats are the best team in the National League, what they should do with Steven Souza, Jr. and who needs to step up in their pitching staff during the upcoming pennant race.
Check it out right here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order