Jul 25, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
There was plenty to talk about on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show. The Nationals have been playing some of their best baseball of 2014 in recent weeks, the trade deadline coming up, plus Ryan Zimmerman’s latest injury.
Could Zim’s absence force the Nats’ hand with the trade deadline approaching? Mark discussed that very topic with Joe Orsulak and guest host Jill Sorenson in this first clip.
Check it out here:
This second segment talks about Zimmerman’s injury and how the Nats will compensate without him in the lineup:
This third clip looks at the Nats’ hot start coming out of the All-Star break and what they need to do to sustain it:
And finally, last but not least, here is my segment looking at some of the minor deals that have recently occurred around the league:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox