Jul 25, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
There was plenty to talk about on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show. The Nationals have been playing some of their best baseball of 2014 in recent weeks, the trade deadline coming up, plus Ryan Zimmerman’s latest injury.
Could Zim’s absence force the Nats’ hand with the trade deadline approaching? Mark discussed that very topic with Joe Orsulak and guest host Jill Sorenson in this first clip.
Check it out here:
This second segment talks about Zimmerman’s injury and how the Nats will compensate without him in the lineup:
This third clip looks at the Nats’ hot start coming out of the All-Star break and what they need to do to sustain it:
And finally, last but not least, here is my segment looking at some of the minor deals that have recently occurred around the league:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Dusty Baker on Nationals: "Why not now, and why not me?"
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Tanner Roark bounce back as a starter?
- Craig Stammen signs minor league deal with Cleveland
- Report: Tyler Clippard signs deal with NL West club
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Joe Ross take the next step?
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?