Jul 25, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
There was plenty to talk about on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show. The Nationals have been playing some of their best baseball of 2014 in recent weeks, the trade deadline coming up, plus Ryan Zimmerman’s latest injury.
Could Zim’s absence force the Nats’ hand with the trade deadline approaching? Mark discussed that very topic with Joe Orsulak and guest host Jill Sorenson in this first clip.
Check it out here:
This second segment talks about Zimmerman’s injury and how the Nats will compensate without him in the lineup:
This third clip looks at the Nats’ hot start coming out of the All-Star break and what they need to do to sustain it:
And finally, last but not least, here is my segment looking at some of the minor deals that have recently occurred around the league:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins 6, Nats 2: Another misplay opens the floodgates
- Must-win? Sunday's game may be that for Nats
- Scherzer doubtful for Tuesday's start
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks