Jul 26, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
If you’re among those skeptics who keeps saying you’re waiting for the Nationals to go on a sustained run … well, perhaps you haven’t been paying very close attention. The Nats enter today’s game in Cincinnati having won 7 of 9 and 15 of 21. Since May 28, they are 31-17, the best record in baseball. That’s a .646 winning percentage, which over a full season equals 105 wins. Guess what, everybody? This team is good. Really good.
The Nationals will try to keep it going this afternoon, facing an All-Star in Reds right-hander Johnny Cueto. They’ll have Gio Gonzalez on the mound, trying to bounce back from a ragged, 3 1/3-inning start against the Brewers.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Fox Sports 1, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Chance of rain, 87 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
2B Kevin Frandsen
LHP Gio Gonzalez
CF Billy Hamilton
3B Ramon Santiago
1B Todd Frazier
RF Jay Bruce
LF Chris Heisey
2B Skip Schumaker
C Brayan Pena
SS Zack Cozart
RHP Johnny Cueto
HP Jeff Nelson
1B Toby Basner
2B Laz Diaz
3B Mark Carlson
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates