Jul 26, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
If you’re among those skeptics who keeps saying you’re waiting for the Nationals to go on a sustained run … well, perhaps you haven’t been paying very close attention. The Nats enter today’s game in Cincinnati having won 7 of 9 and 15 of 21. Since May 28, they are 31-17, the best record in baseball. That’s a .646 winning percentage, which over a full season equals 105 wins. Guess what, everybody? This team is good. Really good.
The Nationals will try to keep it going this afternoon, facing an All-Star in Reds right-hander Johnny Cueto. They’ll have Gio Gonzalez on the mound, trying to bounce back from a ragged, 3 1/3-inning start against the Brewers.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CINCINNATI REDS
Where: Great American Ball Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Fox Sports 1, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Chance of rain, 87 degrees, Wind 8 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
2B Kevin Frandsen
LHP Gio Gonzalez
CF Billy Hamilton
3B Ramon Santiago
1B Todd Frazier
RF Jay Bruce
LF Chris Heisey
2B Skip Schumaker
C Brayan Pena
SS Zack Cozart
RHP Johnny Cueto
HP Jeff Nelson
1B Toby Basner
2B Laz Diaz
3B Mark Carlson
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game