Aug 2, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
With the 2014 non-waiver trade deadline passing on Thursday, much of the talk on this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ centered on the Nationals’ deal to acquire Asdrubal Cabrera, as well as other moves made around the league.
Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests to talk about the deadline. The first was Jim Callis of MLB.com, an expert on prospects and all things Major League Baseball. Our second guest was Jordan Bastian, Cleveland Indians beat writer for MLB.com. Bastian had the Cabrera story first on Thursday and had great insight on what type of player the Nats just brought in.
Before talking to our guests, Tim and I talked about Cabrera’s potential impact and discussed the recent struggles of the Nationals’ bullpen.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK