Aug 2, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
With the 2014 non-waiver trade deadline passing on Thursday, much of the talk on this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ centered on the Nationals’ deal to acquire Asdrubal Cabrera, as well as other moves made around the league.
Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests to talk about the deadline. The first was Jim Callis of MLB.com, an expert on prospects and all things Major League Baseball. Our second guest was Jordan Bastian, Cleveland Indians beat writer for MLB.com. Bastian had the Cabrera story first on Thursday and had great insight on what type of player the Nats just brought in.
Before talking to our guests, Tim and I talked about Cabrera’s potential impact and discussed the recent struggles of the Nationals’ bullpen.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy
- That time Stephen Strasburg was on Letterman