Aug 2, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
With the 2014 non-waiver trade deadline passing on Thursday, much of the talk on this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ centered on the Nationals’ deal to acquire Asdrubal Cabrera, as well as other moves made around the league.
Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests to talk about the deadline. The first was Jim Callis of MLB.com, an expert on prospects and all things Major League Baseball. Our second guest was Jordan Bastian, Cleveland Indians beat writer for MLB.com. Bastian had the Cabrera story first on Thursday and had great insight on what type of player the Nats just brought in.
Before talking to our guests, Tim and I talked about Cabrera’s potential impact and discussed the recent struggles of the Nationals’ bullpen.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener