Aug 2, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
With the 2014 non-waiver trade deadline passing on Thursday, much of the talk on this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ centered on the Nationals’ deal to acquire Asdrubal Cabrera, as well as other moves made around the league.
Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests to talk about the deadline. The first was Jim Callis of MLB.com, an expert on prospects and all things Major League Baseball. Our second guest was Jordan Bastian, Cleveland Indians beat writer for MLB.com. Bastian had the Cabrera story first on Thursday and had great insight on what type of player the Nats just brought in.
Before talking to our guests, Tim and I talked about Cabrera’s potential impact and discussed the recent struggles of the Nationals’ bullpen.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent