Aug 2, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ was filmed right after the 2014 MLB trade deadline on Thursday, giving Mark a chance to analyze the Nats’ trade for Asdrubal Cabrera, along with other deals made around the league.
In this first clip he looks at the potential impact of Cabrera in the Nats’ lineup while Ryan Zimmerman is sidelined with a hamstring strain. The Nats are 3-6 since Zim went down, can Cabrera help carry the load on offense?
Check it out here:
In this second clip, I talk about the waiver trade deadline coming up at the end of August and Troy Tulowitzki attending a Yankees-Blue Jays game:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice