Aug 2, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ was filmed right after the 2014 MLB trade deadline on Thursday, giving Mark a chance to analyze the Nats’ trade for Asdrubal Cabrera, along with other deals made around the league.
In this first clip he looks at the potential impact of Cabrera in the Nats’ lineup while Ryan Zimmerman is sidelined with a hamstring strain. The Nats are 3-6 since Zim went down, can Cabrera help carry the load on offense?
Check it out here:
In this second clip, I talk about the waiver trade deadline coming up at the end of August and Troy Tulowitzki attending a Yankees-Blue Jays game:
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires