Aug 2, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ was filmed right after the 2014 MLB trade deadline on Thursday, giving Mark a chance to analyze the Nats’ trade for Asdrubal Cabrera, along with other deals made around the league.
In this first clip he looks at the potential impact of Cabrera in the Nats’ lineup while Ryan Zimmerman is sidelined with a hamstring strain. The Nats are 3-6 since Zim went down, can Cabrera help carry the load on offense?
Check it out here:
In this second clip, I talk about the waiver trade deadline coming up at the end of August and Troy Tulowitzki attending a Yankees-Blue Jays game:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey