Aug 2, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ was filmed right after the 2014 MLB trade deadline on Thursday, giving Mark a chance to analyze the Nats’ trade for Asdrubal Cabrera, along with other deals made around the league.
In this first clip he looks at the potential impact of Cabrera in the Nats’ lineup while Ryan Zimmerman is sidelined with a hamstring strain. The Nats are 3-6 since Zim went down, can Cabrera help carry the load on offense?
Check it out here:
In this second clip, I talk about the waiver trade deadline coming up at the end of August and Troy Tulowitzki attending a Yankees-Blue Jays game:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut