Aug 7, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ once again featured two guests: voice of the Syracuse Chiefs, Jason Benetti, and host of ‘Chin Music’ and ‘The Drive with Cooley and Czabe’ on ESPN 980, Al Galdi.
Benetti was excellent on the development of prospects such as Steven Souza, Jr. – who is now on the Nats – A.J. Cole and Taylor Hill. He also shared some early impressions of Michael Taylor, who was just promoted to Triple-A.
Galdi was great on a variety of subjects regarding the Nats, including what is going wrong with Bryce Harper and how the Nats can win without Ryan Zimmerman.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray and I talked about Gio Gonzalez’ struggles and when we will see Nate McLouth next.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins