Aug 7, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ once again featured two guests: voice of the Syracuse Chiefs, Jason Benetti, and host of ‘Chin Music’ and ‘The Drive with Cooley and Czabe’ on ESPN 980, Al Galdi.
Benetti was excellent on the development of prospects such as Steven Souza, Jr. – who is now on the Nats – A.J. Cole and Taylor Hill. He also shared some early impressions of Michael Taylor, who was just promoted to Triple-A.
Galdi was great on a variety of subjects regarding the Nats, including what is going wrong with Bryce Harper and how the Nats can win without Ryan Zimmerman.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray and I talked about Gio Gonzalez’ struggles and when we will see Nate McLouth next.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting