Aug 7, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ once again featured two guests: voice of the Syracuse Chiefs, Jason Benetti, and host of ‘Chin Music’ and ‘The Drive with Cooley and Czabe’ on ESPN 980, Al Galdi.
Benetti was excellent on the development of prospects such as Steven Souza, Jr. – who is now on the Nats – A.J. Cole and Taylor Hill. He also shared some early impressions of Michael Taylor, who was just promoted to Triple-A.
Galdi was great on a variety of subjects regarding the Nats, including what is going wrong with Bryce Harper and how the Nats can win without Ryan Zimmerman.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray and I talked about Gio Gonzalez’ struggles and when we will see Nate McLouth next.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York
- Nats have had enough of the 8th inning
- Nats fall to Mets as Harvey bests Scherzer
- MLB amends rule involving Nats' top prospect
- Scherzer faces Harvey in marquee matchup
- Good news for Nats regarding Anthony Rendon's rehab