Aug 12, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
Tonight the Nationals pick back up after a day off on Monday to face the Mets at Citi Field in New York. The weather, however, could have something to say about this one, as a sizable rain storm is making its way up the East Coast today.
If they are able to get it in, Nationals prospect Michael Taylor will make his MLB debut. The 23-year-old is starting in right field in place of Jayson Werth, who has been dealing with an AC joint inflammation in his right shoulder. Taylor is batting eighth.
The Nationals, as I wrote this morning, will be facing right-hander Rafael Montero (0-2, 5.40), who was just called up from Triple-A. He was brought in to be the emergency starter after rookie standout Jacob deGrom landed on the disabled list with tendinitis in his right shoulder. Montero has made only four starts in the majors and has struggled so far.
Washington will start Doug Fister (11-3, 2.49) for the 17th time this season. His last time out he carved up the Mets for 7 1/3 innings without an earned run. The Nats won that day by a score of 7-1.
We are not in New York for this series, so please check back in the morning for analysis of the game… if it is played… either way we’ll have something…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Thunderstorms, 76 degrees, Wind 15 mph
CF Denard Span
2B Asdrubal Cabera
3B Anthony Rendon
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
RF Michael Taylor
RHP Doug Fister
RF Curtis Granderson
2B Daniel Murphy
3B David Wright
1B Lucas Duda
C Travis d’Arnaud
LF Matt den Dekker
CF Juan Lagares
SS Wilmer Flores
RHP Rafael Montero
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss