Aug 14, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured three different guests for the very first time. The first was Nats outfielder Michael Taylor, the second was Kevin McAlpin from the Braves radio network and the third was WTOP’s Ben Raby.
Taylor talked with Tim Murray about his memorable debut on Tuesday night in an interview that also played on ESPN 980. McAlpin tried to explain the Braves’ recent slide and why they somehow only seem to beat the Nationals. And Raby looked back at the 1994 Expos, as the 20th anniversary of the strike shortened season just passed.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim and I discussed Taylor’s potential impact on the Nats moving forward. In between guests we also made predictions for who will be called up in September and talked Doug Fister’s dominance this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980′s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins
- Mets set plan for Harvey with Strasburg in mind
- Point/Counterpoint: Will Nats regret Zim's contract?
- Report: Marlins showing strong interest in LaRoche
- Nats minor league coordinator Beasley leaves for Rangers