Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of positives to talk about regarding the Nationals. After all, they are in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, tied for their best stretch since the franchise moved to Washington.
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests: Nationals prospect Taylor Hill of the Syracuse Chiefs and MLB.com editor and columnist Matthew Leach.
Hill talked about his season at Syracuse and looked ahead to September call-ups. He also had a great story about his first call-up back in June before he made his MLB debut.
Leach focuses on the NL East at MLB.com, so he had great insight on the Nationals and the Braves, as well as whether the Nats are equipped to win a World Series this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen