Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of positives to talk about regarding the Nationals. After all, they are in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, tied for their best stretch since the franchise moved to Washington.
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests: Nationals prospect Taylor Hill of the Syracuse Chiefs and MLB.com editor and columnist Matthew Leach.
Hill talked about his season at Syracuse and looked ahead to September call-ups. He also had a great story about his first call-up back in June before he made his MLB debut.
Leach focuses on the NL East at MLB.com, so he had great insight on the Nationals and the Braves, as well as whether the Nats are equipped to win a World Series this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants