Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of positives to talk about regarding the Nationals. After all, they are in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, tied for their best stretch since the franchise moved to Washington.
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests: Nationals prospect Taylor Hill of the Syracuse Chiefs and MLB.com editor and columnist Matthew Leach.
Hill talked about his season at Syracuse and looked ahead to September call-ups. He also had a great story about his first call-up back in June before he made his MLB debut.
Leach focuses on the NL East at MLB.com, so he had great insight on the Nationals and the Braves, as well as whether the Nats are equipped to win a World Series this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett