Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of positives to talk about regarding the Nationals. After all, they are in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, tied for their best stretch since the franchise moved to Washington.
This week Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I welcomed in two guests: Nationals prospect Taylor Hill of the Syracuse Chiefs and MLB.com editor and columnist Matthew Leach.
Hill talked about his season at Syracuse and looked ahead to September call-ups. He also had a great story about his first call-up back in June before he made his MLB debut.
Leach focuses on the NL East at MLB.com, so he had great insight on the Nationals and the Braves, as well as whether the Nats are equipped to win a World Series this season.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires