Game 127: Giants at Nats

Aug 22, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT

3afb4-nationalspark806mz

In the middle of a 10-game winning streak, the Nationals are set to get quite the test on Friday night.

In order to make sure this one goes to 11, the Nats will have to do so against a pitcher who has absolutely tormented them over the years. Giants starter Tim Hudson (8-9, 3.03) will take the mound with a 17-5 record and 2.37 ERA in 30 career starts against Washington.

It seems no one has had their number like Hudson and it will be interesting to see if they can break through that history today. He pitched against them on June 12 and went seven scoreless in a 7-1 Giants win.

Fortunate for the Nats, they will have their best pitcher on the mound in Doug Fister (12-3, 2.20). Fister led the Nationals to a win against the Giants with seven scoreless innings of his own on June 10. The Nats won that day 2-1.

Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS

RHP Tim Hudson

UMPIRES
HP Jerry Meals (cc)
1B Paul Emmel
2B Chris Conroy
3B Jordan Baker

7:06 p.m. — And we’re underway with a strike from Doug Fister to Angel Pagan. After some early rain, the skies have cleared and we look OK for the time being.

7:10 p.m. — Even with a leadoff single allowed to Pagan, Fister still managed to complete the first inning on nine pitches (eight strikes). Asdrubal Cabrera made a nice play on Hunter Pence’s grounder, tagging Pagan and making an off-balance throw to first to complete the double play.

7:22 p.m. — Here’s how things are going for the Nats right now: They just tried a double steal with two outs in the bottom of the first, with Anthony Rendon taking off for third and Adam LaRoche taking off for second. Buster Posey tried to throw LaRoche out, but the ball skipped away, letting Rendon waltz home with the night’s first run. It’s 1-0, and life remains good for the Nats.

7:33 p.m. — Michael Morse stepped to the plate in the top of the second and got a really nice ovation from the crowd, most of which stood up to applause. I thought Morse might step out of the box for a second and tip his cap, but he stayed locked in. And, alas, there was no “Take on Me” over the PA system. Perhaps they’ll save that for his fourth at-bat of the night like they used to, but I don’t know. Meanwhile, we saw yet another fantastic play at second base from Asdrubal Cabrera, who ranged way to his left, spun and threw to first to get Morse. He really has been excellent over there.

7:49 p.m. — Oh, Bryce Harper, you give us the really good and the really bad, all in one inning. The good: He put together a fantastic at-bat against Hudson, fouling off a bunch of pitches before lining yet another single up the middle. He’s now hitting .378 (14-for-37) during the Nats’ winning streak, including 6 hits in his last 9 at-bats. The bad: He got picked off first base by Posey, straying too far on the pitch. I don’t know if that technically counts as a TOOTBLAN, but there definitely were nincompoop-like qualities to it. That’s now the 11th time Harper has been thrown out on the bases this season. He’s only played 68 games. That’s not a good ratio. Still 1-0 Nats after two.

7:53 p.m. — Ho-hum, just another great catch from Denard Span, who ranged way to his right and then dove to snag Pagan’s sinking liner and end the top of the third.

8:15 p.m. — Hmm, just when all looked good for Fister, things quickly fell apart in the top of the fourth. With two outs and nobody out, Pablo Sandoval chopped a ball over the mound and under Cabrera’s glove for a single. Morse then scooted a hard grounder past a diving Desmond at shortstop. And then Joe Panik launched a 3-run homer to center, the first of his career. Looked like a sinker that didn’t sink enough from Fister. Just like that, the Giants lead 3-1.

8:23 p.m. — But Jayson Werth responds with a laser beam of a homer to left field leading off the bottom of the fourth. That’s his 13th homer of the season, but his first since the All-Star break. It’s also a good sign that his shoulder is feeling OK if he can drive a ball like that. 3-2 now heading to the fifth.

8:51 p.m. — Uh-oh, another homer allowed by Fister. This time, Posey belted a 2-2 sinker up in the zone to left field, giving the Giants a 4-2 lead in the sixth. You’ll recall Fister gave up three homers in his season debut in Oakland back on May 9. In 17 starts since, he had given up only eight total homers. Now he has surrendered two in six innings tonight. And the most uncharacteristic stat of the night for Fister: He has thrown 107 pitches in only six innings. That might be it for him tonight.

8:54 p.m. — This definitely is it tonight for Morse. He has been pulled for defense in the bottom of the sixth inning with the Giants up 2 runs. Apparently, this has been standard practice for Bruce Bochy.

9:05 p.m. — LaRoche and Hudson love to face each other, being longtime good friends from their days together in Atlanta, but they didn’t get a chance at a third encounter tonight when Bochy pulled his starter with two outs in the sixth and summoned former Robinson Ram lefty Javier Lopez from the bullpen. That’s a tough matchup for LaRoche, who proceeded to strike out on three pitches. So the Nats still trail 4-2, and here’s Jerry Blevins to pitch the top of the seventh.

9:25 p.m. — Not much happening at the plate tonight for the Nats. Jean Machi just set them down in order in the bottom of the seventh, so they’re still down 4-2 and now down to their last six outs.

9:37 p.m. — You know, I was about to point out that Blevins has quietly been quite effective lately. After two quick outs in the eighth, the lefty owned this pitching line over his last seven appearance: 8 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 12 K. But then he walked Gregor Blanco, then allowed Panik’s fourth hit of the night and then served up a 2-run double to Travis Ishikawa that has turned this into a 6-2 lead for the Giants. It’s going to truly take something special now for the Nats to keep this winning streak alive.

9:56 p.m. — And now they’re down to their last three outs. They just haven’t been able to string together hits tonight.

10:09 p.m. — Yikes, this thing got ugly in a hurry. Ross Detwiler gave up four runs in the top of the ninth, so it’s now 10-2 and the crowd has mostly filed out except for those wearing black and orange.

10:30 p.m. — That’ll do it. The Nats did score a run in the bottom of the ninth, but that’s it. Final: 10-3. The streak ends at 10 games, unfortunately in what became a blowout.

1. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:10 PM

“@1067thefandc: Don’t miss the Junkies’ Summer Dress Party tonight at Clarendon Ballroom! FULL DETAILS: http://t.co/cZcjlKA2bf

The Junks spend more time womanizing on girls 1/2 their ages than talking about real sports.

Luckily Sirius XM has some great sports radio and Mike & Mike on ESPN is good.

• lowstrikes - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Thanks for the Sirius tip, and Mike & Mike. I tuned in to the junkies once…brainless tedium. Also, the recently quoted remark, “…everything that goes in a game is bouncing their way.”, is far, far from the case. They’ve caught a few breaks over the past 10, but the ability to manufacture a run when the bats are quiet is a deliberate, practiced approach to the game. It is the approach MW promised. We’ll still win our share with multi-RBI homers, but great having this ability proven out over the past couple of weeks. I’d love to have some inside stories on how the success at this stage of the season is altering the clubhouse chemistry.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Right on, bro’. What a bunch of horse hockey. The Nats made their opportunities. Take last night: they had 13 AB’s with RISP. It’s not “bouncing their way” that only one time of those 13 the Nats got a run in. They were knocking on the door all game long while our pitchers were completely shutting them down.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM

My kingdom for a horse hockey, or an edit function.

Only the first “13” was supposed to be in bold. Sorry, folks, I really wasn’t shouting

2. tcostant - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Welcome to town Michael Morse, I will always remember you fondly. I hope you do well, just not vs. the Nats.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM

• coop202 - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Think they’ll play on honorary take on me?

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I think that ship sailed. He’s the enemy this weekend.

• veejh - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Are they still doing “Take On Me” at the stadium? If so, ditch it.

• coop202 - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Nah they stopped

• npb99 - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM

+1. I hope the crowd greets him warmly.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

They should greet him warmly. That’s how you welcome back those who helped the success of the team. He brought back a decent bounty which was AJ Cole, Ian Krol and Treinen. Krol was part of the Fister deal.

• npb99 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Responding to Ghost at 4:06 – I assume you mean he was a good player when here and gave us value in the trade. Win-win!

3. Doc - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Tim Hudson, this is your day to die—a pitching win death, of course. LOL

4. adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Tangent — picking up on a comment from last thread:

TS wrote:
    A’s lost much of my respect by folding against the Braves.

Umm, errr . . . . and the Nats against the Brave . . . ?

• bowdenball - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM

The Nats have won three of their last five against the Braves. The whole “Nats can’t beat the Braves” meme should have died when they recovered from losing the first two of a four-game set to get a split. The Nats also played pretty well in the recent three-gamer in Atlanta, playing good baseball in three close games, including an extra-inning win and a near-comeback from 7 runs down that just fell short when a bullet off Rendon’s bat during a huge rally happened to go right to BJ Upton. At this point it’s pretty clear it’s just bad luck, nothing more.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I agree, just playin’ with him.

But, conversely, I think the Braves have a hot streak going and just happened to be playing the A’s when they were a bit in a funk.

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM

“A’s lost much of my respect by folding against the Braves.”

And yet they still speak so well of you…

5. DaveB - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:33 PM

“in the middle of a 10 game winning streak”
    … does that mean we’ve just won 5 , or that we have 10 more in a row to win …. I guess I’ll go with the latter
    GYFNG

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Exactly. I certainly heard it — we’re going to win 20. We’re halfway there! ;-)

• npb99 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM

That means two laps by Matt Williams?

• knoxvillenat - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I owe you a drink!

• natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Yup. Forwards and backwards.

“That means two laps by Matt Williams?”

6. natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Back to watching tv for me tonight, but I’ll be back at the park tomorrow.

Go, Doug! Go, NATS!! And, if necessary, release the gnome!!

• Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM

They need a new gnome. did you see the one last night in the dugout with the top of his cap chipped off. Funny.

• natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I did see it on the replay. That thing is taking a beating.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I did see it on the replay. That thing is taking a beating.

• natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

No way. Heck, everybody gets some dings and dents as the season progresses. After all, it’s a grind…

“Agreed — but no way in heck would they change it in the middle of a winning streak!”

7. knoxvillenat - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM

“In the middle of a 10-game winning streak….”

Shouldn’t this read as “Riding a 10-game winning streak…” or some other variation? If the Nats were truly in the middle of a 10-game winning streak, wouldn’t that refer to game 5 or game 6 of the streak?

I know not real important but I’m bored and can’t wait for another Nats win tonight.

• Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Perhaps you’re right. But when would someone ever write, in the present tense, “the Nats are in the middle of a 10 game winning streak.”?

• Hiram Hover - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Sounds like a good question for Chase.

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

And then there’s the execrable “In order to….

Eschew surplusage.

• natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Like the plague. Wait, that’s cliches.

8. Doc - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Let’s hope MW doesn’t push it with Sori, if a closer in needed.

Don’t think he does well on 3-4 consecutive closing opportunities.

Time for the A/B bullpen stuff, with Storen coming in.

9. Doc - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Let’s hope MW doesn’t push it with Sori, if a closer in needed.

Don’t think he does well on 3-4 consecutive closing opportunities.

Time for the A/B bullpen stuff, with Storen coming in.

10. Doc - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Let’s hope MW doesn’t push it with Sori, if a closer in needed.

Don’t think he does well on 3-4 consecutive closing opportunities.

Time for the A/B bullpen stuff, with Storen coming in.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Were you trying to illustrate what “pushing it” with “3 appearances in a row” is like ;-)

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Glad it wasn’t just me; I thought I was having a déjà vu déjà vu déjà vu

• natsfan1a - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:21 PM

You can say that (all over) again.

11. janebeard - Aug 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I’m in the middle of moving but I’m going tonight to welcome Michael Morse back to DC. And then watch the Nats beat Tim Hudson. Because we will. I’ve been excited to see Michael all season. Still: GYFNG!

• Steady Eddie - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Hi Jane — drop by and say hey! Lynn and I (with her brother and sister in law) will be in 128 on the aisle with 129.

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

and if you get by 314, holla.

12. Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I wouldn’t mind MW resting Sori tonight and just saying, you’ll get a rest after pitching 2 straight games, except if you’re really needed in extras, or to bail out the substitute closer. Keep Sori, rested and in top form. Let Clip, Drew, or Thornton close depending on the matchup. One small step against the cult of the closer, one giant step for the Nats.

• Steady Eddie - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM

13. Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I just noticed that the per game ticket price for NLDS and NLCS tickets in the Infield Gallery for SPHs is LESS than in 2012. Now that’s unexpected.

Not so for World Series tickets. I’ll gladly pay the extra $$ if we get there.

14. nats106 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I saw some posts earlier regarding our schedule and that’s time to pop the champagne because of our 7 game lead and remaining schedule. To be a realist, we have 15 games against teams with winning records, 13 with losing records and 8 against the 500 Marlins to close out the season. We’re going to need all 7 games as cushion going down the stretch.

Confident? Yes! Champagne flutes out (or in my case a 6 pack of a good IPA)? Nope-not yet.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Agreed. Call me when our Nats have a 10 1/2 game lead. The finish line is almost in sight.

• nats106 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM

We can afford a minor stumble after September 10th (or the 9th since I am not going to the 3rd Braves game. I also hope that the Marlins are out of it by the 18th. I’d much rather have a spoiler team than a competitive team that is still in the hunt. They are just plain dangerous.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

35 games left. Best to keep pressing the pedal to the metal until you clinch or they flinch.

Soon the Barves will start targeting the Wild Card if they haven’t already. I remember our discussions here last year of the Nats odds nearing September 1st.

The Braves had a cake walk last night vs the Reds and the rest of the series in Cincy won’t be quite as easy. The Nats have a tough 3.

Let’s see where we are after Sunday night.

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Ghost, of course that’s true for the team.

The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I thought the internet remembers forever ;)

• Steady Eddie - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:19 PM

But let’s hope WE never forget what they did (and will do) here!

• npb99 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Sofa, what are you saying? I thought we were all honorary co-GMs!

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

LOL

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM

The Interwebz may remember, but the world might as well be Honey Badger.

• masterfishkeeper - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

But Atlanta has 6 games remaining against the best team in the National League, so that’s a big advantage for the Nats.

15. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Former Oreo Jake Arrieta just set down his old team over 7 IP with 1 ER. Cubs playing small ball in the bottom of 7 to add-on to their 3-1 lead.

16. Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Fair enough. As long as you don’t play the “don’t jinx us” card. Because the numbers are what they are. The Braves have two fewer games left and they play the same lousy NL East opponents as we do, plus the Reds, Pirates, and Rangers. Advantage them on the schedule. The problem for them is the calendar — not that many games left. Just to take an example, if we go just 18-18 in our remaining games, finishing with 91 wins, they’d have to go 24-10 to tie us. That’s a tall order, and we almost certainly will do better the way we’re playing these days.

• nats106 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM

While superstitious, I never bought into the “don’t jinx us” theory so don’t worry. Kind of like the no hitter. Does it really make a difference if a fan notices out loud that someone has a perfect game going?

I’m with you on where the odds are-just seen too many stumbles and lost dreams. I said at the beginning of the season I am just hoping to see well played baseball. With the early errors I was wondering if we would get there, but it’s working now. I’ll stay with it and am lovin’ it.

Wish I could be at tonight’s game for the Michael Morse reunion in LF, but have been to 5 games this home stand, so I’ve thoroughly enjoyed myself.

• Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Well, that, and the Braves suck. They just do. So there.

I enjoy playing at being superstitious, it’s fun sometimes. But there’s no there, here.

• ratiocinational - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Going crazy with the Stein today, Sec 3! Nice!

17. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Sec222, I think you were looking for the Bryce interview on MLB Network and I found it on NatsEnquirer. Look how he laughs and is having a good time. Contrast that with the locker room chats.

• Section 222 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Thanks! I’m not surprised by the difference. The locker room interviews are in tighter quarters with a whole bunch of guys around you with their tape recorders and mics in your face. And they all just saw the game and are much more focused on Bryce’s performance in that game. The MLB interview was much softer and more supportive. Easier for him to relax and have fun.

Plus, I think there’s a difference because he’s outside in the park — can laugh and talk louder. In the locker room most players are pretty quiet. Maybe not wanting to bother other players nearby? I don’t know.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

His locker room interviews are painful to watch while that MLB Network interview was fun. That’s the Bryce that America loves. Asks about the Little Leaguers, smiles, laughs, uses the word “epic”.

• npb99 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM

222, interesting observations. Have you been in the Nats locker room? I once went to the Lakers locker room after a game (Forum) and based on that limited experience would say that athletes do not enjoy the parade of people in there after a game.

18. jeffreybeam - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Fister v Hudson? Over under for game completion is 2h 15m.

In 11 innings.

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

And a score of 2-1? ;-)

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM

No. No more one-run games for a week. Please.

19. masterfishkeeper - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I was hoping, just a little, that MW would give Ramos this game off, rather than Sunday, since Hudson gets so many groundballs, and Wilson hits so many and doesn’t run well, to put it mildly.

Oh well. That’s too unconventional for MW.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM

That’s a reasonable point except he would still rest him on Sunday if he played Saturday night I think.

• masterfishkeeper - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Maybe, but remember that Saturday’s game is at 4, so it’s not that short of a turnaround. Really no different than tomorrow’s turnaround.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I think its more the early Sunday start but again, it’s MWs call.

20. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

The Orioles were just shutdown by the Cubs. Yes the Cubs. Chase’s #2 best team in his Power Rankings just lost 4-1 to the lowly Cubs.

What a joke just like Chase’s rankings. You better sharpen up your pencil again as you blew it.

• nats128 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Thats good to see. Any time the Ohs lose Im happy.

I just got home and read thru the power ranks. Great to have the Angels #1 however theres no mention they lost there #1 pitcher. That will make winning the Extremely difficult in the playoffs for them.

I still think the Tigers will bring it together if they can make a bullpen pickup. There starting pitching is still the best in the AL and that offense is good.

• micksback1 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:48 PM

lol

agreed

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM

These cubs are not your father’s or grand dads cubs.
      They are building a contender

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM

They certainly are. Epstein knows what he’s doing. If he gets 2 more starters and a stud OF he may get there quickly.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM

yes…i’m a closet cubs fan after taking in the energy of the Wrigley field a few weeks ago.
        I hear that they have rebuilt League Park.
        Can we get Sportman’s park and Shibe Park and Crosley field and Ebbetts field for the Cyclones and…

21. nats128 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Big welcome back to DC for the Beast. I hope you have a slump this weekend Michael Morse and get hot again on Monday.

22. micksback1 - Aug 22, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Here’s to Michael Morse:

Take on me
    Take me on
    I’ll be gone
    In a day or two
!!!!!

I really miss Beast. I understand the move, but I really liked him.

23. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:29 PM

You may not know the pitchers involved very well, but this is still funny.

24. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM

“@Ken_Rosenthal: Confirmed: #Orioles’ Machado will undergo knee surgery and likely is out for the season. First reported: @TBrownYahoo.”

Thats à huge hit to the Oreos. Not as big as the Nats losing RZim but big.

25. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I would never hope for a player to be injured, but maybe it’s acceptable to wish the troublesome Hudson a truly disabling case of hiccups tonight …

26. Danny - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I’m in the left field stands. Great ovation for Morse as he is warming up

27. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM

This inning is…

Span swings first pitch and then Hudson is wild and Werth swings 3-0. I get Werth loves to swing 3-0 and is very successful at it, but Hudson was hanging himself.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I agree. Not the right situation. Not even close. If you walk, it’s men on 1st and 2nd and you made him throw more pitches. If you get a single, maybe 1st and 2nd. Only way you gain is the XBH and that’s not a given even if he throws a meatball as you still have to barrel it up.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I mean… I’m a broken record…

28. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Rendon!!!!!!

29. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Rendon is such a great baserunner

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

He really is and is rewarded with his 89th run scored which leads the Majors!

30. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Welcome back Mikey mo but I wish you a golden so brae tonight…

• coop202 - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Love the standing ovation for him

31. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM

What FP is saying about Adam being so alert to the Rendon’s steal and getting a great jump — that’s a real benefit of being an aggressive base running club — guys are expecting things to happen on the basepaths, they’re in the habit of being ready. Last year, maybe ALR doesn’t get that jump.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I don’t buy it. I think it was a double steal call and it’s up to the trail runner to go. LaRoche was looking right at Rendon and as soon as he broke for 3rd, ALR was going.

• Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Could be! I was going by FP’s comment of course. If it was called, what a great call!

• adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Agreed — ALR broke too fast for it to have been a surprise to him.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:33 PM

FP hates being wrong so he stuck with his initial thought instead of correcting himself. Watch it again, I saw no hesitation from ALR. Just a split second behind Rendon’s move as he has to make sure Rendon is going.

• Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Yes, running it back, he takes off almost instantly.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Thanks adcwonk and Nats All Folks. That’s how I saw it.

Carp had the perfect opportunity to call bull on FP but Bob has too much class.

32. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Cabrera robbery on Morse!

33. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Good grief, I didn’t think we could get better defensively at second base than when Danny was in, but wow, just wow.

34. adcwonk - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Tangent — don’t know if this was discussed before, but the official scorer changed Rendon’s walk-off to a “hit and an error.” As it should have been. All good.

So, hey, now we were 1-for-13 RISP yesterday instead of 0-13!

35. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Wow, so that was a K…

36. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Where are the Harper Haters. Uh, I mean Harper’s Heroes.

37. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hoping for a Hudson hanger here.

38. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Bryce’s approach is by far the best it’s been this year.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Just hitting the ball where it’s thrown. Taking singles instead of trying to hit it 500. If Espi would learn that, maybe just maybe.

39. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Helpfully hoping

• Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM

(sorry, that was responding to David Proctor’s alliteration)

40. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Bryce’s baserunning just brain dead again. Can’t give freebies to Hudson.

• Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Curses, why does Bryce have to be such a basepath bonehead sometimes?

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Wish I knew. He wins the crown for worst baserunner. He does a lot right but you can’t get thrown out as much as he does.

41. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Oh Bryce. The hitting is back, the baserunning not so much.

42. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Nats had a chance to get Hudson well over 40 pitches until Bryce got caught running like a High Schooler. Also would have turned over the inning. Just stupid by Bryce. Now Fister leads off the 3rd.

• nats128 - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Who get thru to the kid? Thats not aggressive baserunning thats just stupid baserunning.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM

It’s MWs job but I think Jayson has to rock his world. That is awful.

43. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM

2 more great fielding plays by ALR and Span. I thought Denard doesn’t dive? LOVE IT

• Joe Seamhead - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM

He doesn’t dive stupidly.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

No he does not. He is playing inspired baseball.

44. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Rendon has to know his baserunner. He had plenty of time and was saved by ALR.

45. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM

“@AdamKilgoreWP: Lucas Giolito has reached his innings limit, ending an outstanding first extended professional season. http://t.co/3RUdB3kOTi

What a great year.

46. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hate span trying to bunt right here

• Joe Seamhead - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Hate him hitting inho a DP even more.

47. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Huddy is seriously struggling… I feel like we should be up by more…

48. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

We have let Hudson off the hook big-time. But he’s not long for this game at this rate.

49. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM

How the heck did 7 foot fister miss that… :-)

I recently took a picture with his picture at Nats park… Dudes, I seriously came to like his hip… So dang embarrassing…

I need a growth spurt….

50. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Cabrera had time to glove that infield hit

51. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

That hurts. The guy you don’t expect just tees up a 3 run HR. That was a fat pitch.

52. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Cabrera’s play now looms large.

53. Danny - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Oh no

54. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM

The Nats will have to play inspired come from behind baseball tonight.

55. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Mike Minor has a no-hitter going into the 4th in Cincy.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Say it again…. He will get taxed next inning…

56. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM

57. Eric - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM

And the first chip in their lead is cast away.

GO NATS! GO WERTH!!!

58. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM

It’s a lot of giants fans… Good lord they travel well…

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM

How many Washingtonians are from somewhere else?

I’m sure some traveled in and many live in DC

• knoxvillenat - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Where’s border control when you need it?

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM

my friend and his Dad at the game. Dad is a NY Giant fan. Still rooting for Willies.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM

NY bsaeball Giants…that is, not to be confused with the old NY football Yankees of the 50’s either.

59. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Nice shot Jayson!

60. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM

You just feel like they’re going to find a way…

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

it’s only the 4th inning people….

61. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Mike Minor will now yake a nohitter into the 5th.

62. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Isn’t the lefty killer supposed to be

Scott.
    Hairston.

Or did I miss something…

63. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM

A-Drub! Flashing the leather again….

64. Soul Possession, Sec 3, My Sofa - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Things did NOT “fall apart”. Two gorks and one hanger.

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Correct, but Cabrera was trying to be flashy with the barehand when he had time to glove. Charlie and Dave weren’t pleased.

65. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM

FP and MASN showed great example of how Fister cycles through pitch signs super fast… Catcher (whether Ramos or Lobaton) just flicks all the signs rapid fire and Fister shakes or nods instantly until he sees what he already had in mind. Very little wasted time. As FP calls it, Fister “calls his own game.” Wouldn’t want every pitcher doing that, but for Fister, Yeah, that works!

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Geeeeeez, I literally hit “post comment” 1 second before that home run. I take it all back, Fister is a bust….. (no, of course not).

66. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Good Lord… We are going to win this one… 5-4… Sigh…

67. manassasnatsfan - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Poseystruck out according to pitch track.

Fister has one problem tonight, way too many 2 strike fouls. Sandoval and Mirse both fouled a number before their singles. Then Posey who really struck out then fouled then homered.

Need to get the ball in play earlier, keep the ball on the ground to the infielders.

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Good empirical observation, but to suggest that a pitcher can control foul balls is questionable. I always thought that multiple foul offs reflected a hitter scrapping to avoid strike outs on potentially close pitches. So if close pitches are not a good option, what is? Grooved fastballs? Obvious non-strikes?

68. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Fister has been very uncharacteristically homer prone this year (for him). He gave up 14 all of last year in 208 innings, he’s given up 12 in about 120 innings this year.

Of course, he’s still been excellent. Just an oddity.

• manassasnatsfan - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

When ball doesnt sink it flies.

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

And he was in the AL last year…….

69. Nats All Folks - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Pardon if this has been answered, but what happened to Fister’s neck?

70. Danny - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Reds are pathetic atm

71. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Uhm, what the hell was that????

• Joe Seamhead - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Desi had a brain fart

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Desi had no play at first and nobody was covering second

• Joe Seamhead - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM

A ball hit directly to short? No play? I’m at the park, have no replay benefit, but the whole section was surprised he didn’t make the throw to first.

72. manassasnatsfan - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Way too many pitches tonight for Fister. Have to go bullpen way earlier than we have most of the time lately.

73. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM

If one of your worst starts of the year is 4 runs over 6 innings, you’re pretty damn good. Especially since his defense really let him down leading to 3 of them.

• Danny - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Exactly. We as DC fans get spoiled by our pitching at times.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM

but how many runs did the defense save ?

74. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

OK! Getting into their bullpen soon….!

75. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Javy Lopez vs ALR is a mismatch.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM

as is Doug Fister vs Panik

76. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM

If we lose solace in the fact that we actually decrease the Braves playoff hopes by losing this game more than winning.

But as they’ve shown us, it’s far from over.

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM

take solace*

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I wouldn’t even use those words until the final score is posted. These are the comeback Nats.

77. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM

What is with the LOSER TALK down only 2 runs in the 7th? Not just here, but FP was just pre-rationalizing a loss that HASN’T happened yet.

78. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM

BH-K. Sigh…..

79. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Machi is filthy

80. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM

This is not your Diamondback, Mets type bullpen

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM

You’re right…too bad.

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Pirates bullpen is good and we got to them

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Are they…ranked 17th

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM

We got to the backend which is very good. Frontend is not so good. We got to them too.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

true…it’s been a log run

81. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM

but it doesn’t matter. MW gave up on this game before we did.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Oh come on.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM

why would you use blevins for 2 innings

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:42 PM

No clue. I thought he was going to Det

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM

agree

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:39 PM

would you make that move

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM

No I would not.

82. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I thought 4-2 would be within reach. Thanks Blevins for nothing!

83. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Blevins walks a lefty, gives up a hit to a lefty and gives up a double to a lefty.

Even for how bad he’s been, that’s rare.

84. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Does everyone just want a reset? Start again tomorrow? WWTBD?

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM

WWTBD? = “What would the Braves do?”

In other words, not just phone it in because you ar e”tired” from a long winning streak.
      Come on Nats, you can do it!

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

gotta play nine regardless.

85. conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Could not get that third out out all night. Giants scrapping to set the table, and are rewarded.

86. Joe Seamhead - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t think much of Jerry Blevins? Matt? You got greedy trying to get too much out of him.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Every time I see Blevins go in… I feel like MW concedes games… So that shows what I think of him…

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM

87. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

We should have smacked the hell out the giants tonight given they got in early this morning and with playing so long against the cubs yesterday…

Huddy just has out number…

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM

The FP postulate….team is tired the next day…
      watch out tomorrow

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM

“Huddy just has out number…”

C’mon Mrs.b — Hudson left with a 4-2 lead with plenty of innings left. The 4-run lead arose after the was gone and we haven’t hit against Machi either….. Let’s not feed a myth of incompetence against him just because we are down by a couple…..

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Machi is good. I’ve seen him before. They found a diamond there.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Ugh, let’s look at a few sample sizes then shall we… Seems the arguement of Huddy having our number is supported… Huddy didnt even have his best stuff and we only got 2 runs against him…

And he had the lead… When you name me the last outting that he hasn’t pitched well against the Nats or we beat him, then your argument may be supported….

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM

No no no Mrs.b, you are looking at the past and that is not my point. Tonight he did NOT have our number, he gave up 2 runs, left early, and looked anything but stellar. That was my point.

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM

In baseball, psychology is important, both negatively and positively. As you recall, a few years ago the Phillies “had our number” but we overcame that by not believing it was inevitable. If we can just do the same transformation with the Barves this year then things will be peachy.

88. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Just got home. Listened on the radio. Clear from the 1st inning Fister didn’t have his best stuff. Too many hard hit balls, too many web gems. Do not understand Blevins for two innings. Didn’t Matty learn from previous times? Too bad if you have to use an extra pinch hitter or double switch.

89. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Just in time to see Blanco rob Span. From my series preview I knew the Giants had a good bullpen.

90. conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM

OK, let’s put together our own 2 out rally

91. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM

No hitter over and game tied in Cincy!

• conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Things are looking up.

92. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Billy Hamilton broke up Mike Minor’s no hitter and the Reds got a run.

93. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM

5 running here for the Nats….

Let’s go Nats bats… And reds…

94. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Is have matched Blevins right back out there….

95. David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Oh boy. Get it out of your system tonight boys.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Hard to believe this was a 4-2 game in the 8th with 2 outs.

96. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Just not our night… Re-start the streak tomorrow…

97. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:02 PM

The Nats are the ones playing like they went to bed at 7am

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I’d rather the streak end in a laugher….

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Vs a nailbiter. Well……

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Agree. Easy to let this one go. Forget it.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Yep…. This is just an ugly game all around… There really isn’t any second guessing in this one for me… Yeah I know Blevins came our for 2 but I get why…

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM

They may have. You don’t think they party?

98. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM

OK, let it rain…. The sun will come out tomorrow… Especially since I’ll be there

99. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Maybe time to let La Roche pitch 2/3 of an inning???

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Same thought here! Let him knock it off his bucket list.

100. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

As FP noted, sometimes long winning/hitting/scoreless innings streaks are tiring.
    e.g.: span’s 36 game on base streak
    A sigh of relief and go back to playing .600 ball

101. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Good lord… This is like BP for them… Terrible….

102. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I do like that Blevins and Det will not be available tomorrow

103. scmargenau - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Why Blevins? Ugh. Thorton could have gone.

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM

the strategy was to remove the save opportunity so you can use Detwiller and not have to waste your good guys…
      or something like that.
      Brillian

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I don’t think Matty is going to use Thornton without a lead. I think he’s going Thornton/Sori and Clip/Drew for games with leads (or ties).

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM

hard to have so many comebacks with that strategy, though

104. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hey! Det covered first base! Were you watching Gio?

105. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Come on Reds…. Walk it off….

106. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM

If the Barves lose, I’m smiling regardless. This game got off kilter with JWerth swinging on 3-0 and flying out when Hudson couldn’t find the zone and Bryce getting picked off.

Just didn’t play smart tonight. They had Hudson and let him off. Fister wasn’t pinpoint but still pitched well enough to win if he got run support. It happens.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM

If the braves lose, yeah, it makes tonight ok… Not to excuse the play or anything… But you know what I mean…

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM

This was an infuriating game. Lots of issues with mistakes.

107. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Still tied in Cincy. How about a Reds walk-off?

108. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM

good one bob…was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor

109. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Anybody up for a 13-inning walk off victory? Maybe?

110. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Do we have any side-arming lefties in the minors? Bring him up and let him pitch to LaRoche…

111. conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM

We’ll, if we are to come back, this guy needs to be the pitcher :-)

112. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM

So, per David Procter’s comment earlier, if the Giants win it hurts the Barves playoff (Wild Card I assume) chances….True? So if I have to lose, I’ll take the solace now, especially if Reds win.

• David Proctor - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Correct. Their playoff odds go down more with us losing than winning.

• conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Yes, the Barves blogs are turning to the wild card race- following the Cards, Giants, etc.,

113. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM

trolls come and go without a wimper

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Just report his comment… He will go away…

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I see…he’s already gone
        got to find a new profession

114. NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Chapman in for another inning. You would almost think the Reds want to win it.

• Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM

MLB has the game blacked out since it was showing the Nats/Giant… Thanks for the updates…

115. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Rally time!

116. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM

If only the score was 4-3….

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM

if not for Mr B, Mrs B

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:30 PM

would you say the same if this was the playoffs?

117. coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Oh well, good night all. New day tomorrow.

118. Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Reds Manager had Chapman throw 2 innings and 36 innings. He’s nuts.

• NatsLady - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Yes. Runner got to 3rd via a Wild Pitch, but Chapman got them out. He was throwing 101 there.

• Ghost of Steve M. - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Price looks desparate throwing his closer 2 long innings. Bow he’s not available tomorrow and maybe not Sunday

119. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Yes…it was the most amazing 10 games I can remember

120. dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Is there any need for Danny anymore or is he just taking up a spot

121. conatsguy - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:33 PM

It was fun sharing this streak with you Nats Insiders. I enjoyed the ride. Let’s start another one !

• coollikelivo - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:33 PM

• dcwx61 - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM

122. Mrsb loves the Nats - Aug 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM

What a fun streak… Great run… Looking forward to starting another… Tomorrow…

As for tonight’s game…. Nothing really good to say… We’ve handed out laughers… They gave us one… Beat them tomorrow…