Aug 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
We take a look at the Nationals’ past week, at a glance:
Bryce Harper, LF: .320 AVG/ .480 SLG/ HR
His power numbers aren’t gaudy just yet, but Harper’s starting to come around a little bit. He’s had four home runs and 11 RBI in the last three weeks, and has more consistently drove the ball to all parts of the yard. Is he the Bryce of 2012 and early 2013? Not quite, yet he’s been effective enough at the plate while steadily improving his power stroke. It remains to be seen if he’ll break out in the next five weeks and return to his old self, but he’s valuable as the player he is right now.
Jayson Werth, RF: .348 AVG/ .483 OBP/ 5 RBI
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?