Aug 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
We take a look at the Nationals’ past week, at a glance:
Bryce Harper, LF: .320 AVG/ .480 SLG/ HR
His power numbers aren’t gaudy just yet, but Harper’s starting to come around a little bit. He’s had four home runs and 11 RBI in the last three weeks, and has more consistently drove the ball to all parts of the yard. Is he the Bryce of 2012 and early 2013? Not quite, yet he’s been effective enough at the plate while steadily improving his power stroke. It remains to be seen if he’ll break out in the next five weeks and return to his old self, but he’s valuable as the player he is right now.
Jayson Werth, RF: .348 AVG/ .483 OBP/ 5 RBI
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today
- As Nats hold breath, Zimmerman passes test
- Nationals win in Zimmerman's return
- Zimmerman begins race to get ready for October
- Zimmerman's back as Nationals face Marlins