Aug 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
We take a look at the Nationals’ past week, at a glance:
Bryce Harper, LF: .320 AVG/ .480 SLG/ HR
His power numbers aren’t gaudy just yet, but Harper’s starting to come around a little bit. He’s had four home runs and 11 RBI in the last three weeks, and has more consistently drove the ball to all parts of the yard. Is he the Bryce of 2012 and early 2013? Not quite, yet he’s been effective enough at the plate while steadily improving his power stroke. It remains to be seen if he’ll break out in the next five weeks and return to his old self, but he’s valuable as the player he is right now.
Jayson Werth, RF: .348 AVG/ .483 OBP/ 5 RBI
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?