Aug 28, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured two excellent guests. The first was Casey Stern, host of MLB Network Radio’s ‘Inside Pitch.’ The second was new Washington Times columnist Todd Dybas.
Stern was great on big picture stuff including how impressive the Nationals’ most recent homestand was and what their World Series chances are.
Dybas happens to have just come to D.C. from Seattle where he covered the Mariners. He gave us a rundown of what to expect this weekend when the Nationals go northwest.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed whether the Nats are the best team in the National League and handicapped the chances for a World Series to happen in this area, whether it be the Orioles or the Nats.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener