Aug 28, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured two excellent guests. The first was Casey Stern, host of MLB Network Radio’s ‘Inside Pitch.’ The second was new Washington Times columnist Todd Dybas.
Stern was great on big picture stuff including how impressive the Nationals’ most recent homestand was and what their World Series chances are.
Dybas happens to have just come to D.C. from Seattle where he covered the Mariners. He gave us a rundown of what to expect this weekend when the Nationals go northwest.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed whether the Nats are the best team in the National League and handicapped the chances for a World Series to happen in this area, whether it be the Orioles or the Nats.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres