Aug 28, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
This week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured two excellent guests. The first was Casey Stern, host of MLB Network Radio’s ‘Inside Pitch.’ The second was new Washington Times columnist Todd Dybas.
Stern was great on big picture stuff including how impressive the Nationals’ most recent homestand was and what their World Series chances are.
Dybas happens to have just come to D.C. from Seattle where he covered the Mariners. He gave us a rundown of what to expect this weekend when the Nationals go northwest.
Before bringing in our guests, Tim Murray of ESPN 980 and I discussed whether the Nats are the best team in the National League and handicapped the chances for a World Series to happen in this area, whether it be the Orioles or the Nats.
Check it out here:
You can also listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?