Aug 29, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ covered a lot of subjects including the Nationals’ recent three-game skid, Doug Fister’s struggles this past week and whether Matt Williams deserves any consideration for NL Manager of the Year.
In this first clip, Mark talks with Joe Orsulak and host Jill Sorenson about the Nationals’ sweep up in Philly. They discuss whether the three-game losing streak is a concern or just a blip on the radar for a team that is still among the best in baseball.
Check it out here:
Up next is a look at Denard Span and how valuable he has been for the Nats this season:
This third clip goes into Williams’ chances to win NL Manager of the Year. Does he have a shot?
And finally, here is a discussion about Fister’s off week:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss