Aug 29, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ covered a lot of subjects including the Nationals’ recent three-game skid, Doug Fister’s struggles this past week and whether Matt Williams deserves any consideration for NL Manager of the Year.
In this first clip, Mark talks with Joe Orsulak and host Jill Sorenson about the Nationals’ sweep up in Philly. They discuss whether the three-game losing streak is a concern or just a blip on the radar for a team that is still among the best in baseball.
Check it out here:
Up next is a look at Denard Span and how valuable he has been for the Nats this season:
This third clip goes into Williams’ chances to win NL Manager of the Year. Does he have a shot?
And finally, here is a discussion about Fister’s off week:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line