Aug 30, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Though first pitch is an hour earlier than Friday night’s start, Saturday will be another late one for the Nationals.
The Nats and Mariners will get started at 9:10 p.m. EDT with Stephen Strasburg (10-10, 3.59) going up against rookie lefty Roenis Elias (9-11, 4.01). Former National Chris Young was originally scheduled to pitch before a late change of plans brought in Elias.
The Nationals will hope for a continuation of Friday night which saw them explode in an 8-3, blowout win. If they had no trouble with Felix Hernandez, one would think facing a rookie is a good opportunity to keep it going.
Strasburg will make his 29th start of the season and has a chance to set a new career-high in innings pitched. He enters Saturday with 175 1/3 IP on the year, just 7 2/3 short of the 183 he tossed in 2013. Strasburg has never faced the Mariners in his career.
We are not in Seattle, but please check back for instant analysis after the game….
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SEATTLE MARINERS
Where: Safeco Field
Gametime: 9:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MLB Network, MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Chance of rain, 64 degrees, Wind 4 mph
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
DH Wilson Ramos
2B Asdrubal Cabrera
C Jose Lobaton
(RHP Stephen Strasburg)
CF Austin Jackson
LF Dustin Ackley
2B Robinson Cano
DH Kendry Morales
3B Kyle Seager
1B Logan Morrison
SS Chris Taylor
RF James Jones
C Jesus Sucre
(LHP Roenis Elias)
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly