Aug 31, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
When they arrived in Seattle three days ago, reeling from a 3-game sweep in Philadelphia, who would imagined the Nationals would find themselves where they do today: With an opportunity to now sweep the Mariners after taking the first two games of this series in impressive fashion.
To pull this off, the Nats will need to beat yet another tough opposing pitcher: Hisashi Iwakuma, owner of a 2.83 ERA this season (though coming off an outing in which he allowed five runs in only 2 1/3 innings against the Red Sox).
Tanner Roark goes for the Nationals, hoping the third time will be the charm to secure his 13th victory of the season.
Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SEATTLE MARINERS
Where: Safeco Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869, MLB.com
Weather: Partly cloudy, 62 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
3B Anthony Rendon
DH Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
2B Asdrubal Cabrera
RF Nate Schierholtz
(RHP Tanner Roark)
CF Austin Jackson
LF Dustin Ackley
2B Robinson Cano
1B Kendrys Morales
3B Kyle Seager
DH Chris Denorfia
RF Endy Chavez
C Mike Zunino
SS Brad Miller
(RHP Hisashi Iwakuma)
HP Jim Joyce (cc)
1B Marvin Hudson
2B Doug Eddings
3B Cory Blaser
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy