Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
2014 record: 73-89, 5th place in NL East Manager: Ryne Sandberg, 3rd season Estimated 2015 payroll: $140 million Key additions: SP Aaron Harang, OF Jeff Francoeur, UT Odubel Herrera, SP Chad Billingsley, OF Jordan Danks, RP Kevin Slowey Key losses: SS Jimmy Rollins, SP A.J. Burnett, OF Marlon Byrd, RP Mike Adams, C Wil Nieves Projected lineup CF Ben Revere C…
Sep 6, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: On the heels of a demoralizing loss Friday night that cost Rafael Soriano the closer’s job, for at least a little while, the Nationals faced a longtime nemesis this afternoon, and didn’t fare much better than they had in the past. A.J. Burnett once again dominated this lineup, allowing just one…
Aug 25, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA — The way things have been going lately, the Nationals weren’t surprised in the least to mount a last-ditch rally against Jonathan Papelbon with two outs in the ninth Monday night. The only surprise was that they couldn’t quite finish it off and wound up losing for only the second time in 14 days.…
Mar 3, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
Miami Marlins It was a big week for ace Jose Fernandez who was both named the team’s Opening Day starter and received a raise from the team. The first was expected, as Fernandez is clearly their best pitcher, but the second was a bit of a surprise. The Marlins didn’t have to pay Fernandez any…
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal
- Zimmerman getting used to working with fellow infielders at 1B
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP, including one hit batter
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more