Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
2014 record: 73-89, 5th place in NL East Manager: Ryne Sandberg, 3rd season Estimated 2015 payroll: $140 million Key additions: SP Aaron Harang, OF Jeff Francoeur, UT Odubel Herrera, SP Chad Billingsley, OF Jordan Danks, RP Kevin Slowey Key losses: SS Jimmy Rollins, SP A.J. Burnett, OF Marlon Byrd, RP Mike Adams, C Wil Nieves Projected lineup CF Ben Revere C…
Sep 6, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
GAME IN A NUTSHELL: On the heels of a demoralizing loss Friday night that cost Rafael Soriano the closer’s job, for at least a little while, the Nationals faced a longtime nemesis this afternoon, and didn’t fare much better than they had in the past. A.J. Burnett once again dominated this lineup, allowing just one…
Aug 25, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA — The way things have been going lately, the Nationals weren’t surprised in the least to mount a last-ditch rally against Jonathan Papelbon with two outs in the ninth Monday night. The only surprise was that they couldn’t quite finish it off and wound up losing for only the second time in 14 days.…
Mar 3, 2014, 9:05 AM EDT
Miami Marlins It was a big week for ace Jose Fernandez who was both named the team’s Opening Day starter and received a raise from the team. The first was expected, as Fernandez is clearly their best pitcher, but the second was a bit of a surprise. The Marlins didn’t have to pay Fernandez any…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Papelbon debuts Ric Flair intro song at Nats Park
- Strasburg feels good after 2nd rehab start
- Mets surge in division; struggle with grammar
- Nats hope to reverse fortunes vs. D'backs
- Former SNL star roasts Nats in Half Baked video
- Around the NL East: It's official -- The Mets are here to stay
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Fister's struggles continue, as Strasburg nears return
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place