Sep 3, 2015, 5:47 PM EST
[Updated: 5:52 p.m.] The Nationals added two more players to push their active roster to 32 on Thursday by calling up right-hander A.J. Cole from Triple-A Syracuse and activating first baseman Tyler Moore off the disabled list. Cole, 23, rejoins the Nationals for his third stint of the 2015 season. He made his MLB debut on…
Jun 6, 2015, 11:25 AM EST
To clear room on their roster for rookie pitcher Joe Ross, the Nationals made a pair of roster moves on Saturday in sending A.J. Cole down to Triple-A Syracuse and Craig Stammen to the 60-day disabled list. Ross will start the Nats’ afternoon matchup with the Chicago Cubs in his major league debut. Cole, 23,…
Nov 22, 2014, 10:07 AM EST
Age on Opening Day 2015: 23 How acquired: Trade with A’s & Mariners Jan. 2013 (drafted originally by Nats) Position: Starting pitcher Prospect Rank: No. 2 in Nats’ org. (Baseball Prospectus) 2014 Team/Level: Harrisburg Senators (AA) and Syracuse Chiefs (AAA) 2014 Stats: 25 G, 25 GS, 13-3, 3.16 ERA, 134 IP, 148 H, 60 R, 47 ER, 10 HR, 111 SO,…
Jun 27, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Nationals pitching prospect A.J. Cole was promoted from Harrisburg to Triple-A Syracuse on Friday, as he continues his development as one of the Nats’ most promising minor leaguers. Cole, 22, is considered the team’s second best prospect after fellow right-hander Lucas Giolito and was ranked 69th among all MLB prospects by Baseball America prior to…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats