Mar 16, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
With the Nationals having completed 10 seasons as a franchise since they moved to Washington, D.C. back in 2005, we at CSNwashington.com will roll out a series of articles looking back on the first decade of baseball’s return to the District. We will have periodic installments throughout the season with analysis from Nationals Insider Mark…
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Alfonso Soriano – one of the most decorated players in the Nationals’ brief history in Washington – has retired from the game of baseball after 16 MLB seasons. Soriano, 38, played just one year with the Nats, in 2006. He hit .277 with a .911 OPS, stole 41 bases and posted 46 home runs and 95…
Jan 24, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
2013 record: 85-77, 3rd place in AL East Manager: Joe Girardi, 7th season Estimated 2014 payroll: $196 million Key additions: OF Jacoby Ellsbury, C Brian McCann, SP Masahiro Tanaka, OF Carlos Beltran Key losses: SP Phil Hughes, OF Vernon Wells, 3B Alex Rodriguez (technically) Projected lineup CF Jacoby Ellsbury SS Derek Jeter RF Carlos Beltran 1B Mark Teixeira C Brian…
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?