Aug 21, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Thanks to yet another walk-off win – their fourth in the last five days – the Nationals now have a chance to tie a team record with a 10th straight win today. It’s a 4:05 p.m. start between the Nats and the Diamondbacks who close out a four-game series. Gio Gonzalez (6-9, 4.06) will go…
Nov 3, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
On Friday Mark was able to get the Nationals’ new manager, Matt Williams, for a one-on-one interview at Nats Park. The new skipper talked about the talent on the team and managing for the first time. He understands the expectations the team will have in 2014 and seems to be genuinely excited to get started.…
Nov 1, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
[Watch the Nationals introduce Matt Williams live at 2 p.m. on CSN] Matt Williams is set to be introduced as the Nationals manager on Friday afternoon, his first official day on the job. What lies ahead for him would be a monumental challenge for any manager – expectations to compete for a World Series – much less one…
Sep 23, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Top storylines: Six games left – Only six games remain for the Nationals in their 2013 regular season as they head to St. Louis to face the Cardinals, and then Arizona to play the Diamondbacks. After dropping a game against the Marlins on Sunday, it isn’t looking good for the Nats playoff chances. But that’s not…
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Cardinals 4, Nats 1: Scherzer good, Wacha better